• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just picked up a 242x

Watts

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
well we finally pulled the trigger and upgraded from our 14 AR190. Sold it and got ourselves a blue 16 242x e series. Had it about a month. We live in Indianapolis so it’s still winter here unfortunately. Getting excited to take it out the first time. We got it from Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. Wondering if the original owner was a member here? Would be cool if we got to talk to them. We got it from a dealer on the lake. Any ideas? Anyway, we’re super excited and can’t wait to share some info!

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The wait is on for us mid westerners! Soon, but not soon enough!
We upgraded last year and had the boat out in April while the water was still very cold, but we couldn't wait.
Enjoy the new boat!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
congratulations, that's quite an upgrade!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congratulations....great choice in boats!!!! ( I might be a bit biased LOL)

You'll want to update your profile to change it to the new model you own (click your name in the upper right corner)

Watts

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks! Yea we wanted a 24’ for sure, got a great deal on this so we couldn’t pass it up. Had to drive to go get it, but still worth it!

Thanks Julian, been awhile since I’ve been on here I guess! I’ll load up a tempmpic since I don’t have any good ones yet!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat, was nice living parallel lives with you for a while.

Watts

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haha! Thanks man! I still loved our 190. We just had to have something bigger!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think we'll end up with a 242X (or the new boat equivalent from Yamaha) in a few years. By a few I mean 7-10yrs. Just had our second boy, and with 6 yrs between them I'm sure we'll end up with two "waves" of friends wanting to go out at the same time and will actually need/want the extra space. Until then, the newborn is't bringing friends, and the 6yr old only has a few friends, and most all of our adult friends have boats as well, so the 190 fits us.......I can see a time in the future I'll need more though.

Congrats on the new boat. I'm just south of you in Louisville, and am also still waiting on spring to arrive. Seems to be rougher this year than most I remember.

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Congrats on the 242x. They are beautiful boats and my favorite color combo for sure! Looks like the windows are tinted? We love the tint on our boat.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
well we finally pulled the trigger and upgraded from our 14 AR190. Sold it and got ourselves a blue 16 242x e series. Had it about a month. We live in Indianapolis so it’s still winter here unfortunately. Getting excited to take it out the first time. We got it from Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. Wondering if the original owner was a member here? Would be cool if we got to talk to them. We got it from a dealer on the lake. Any ideas? Anyway, we’re super excited and can’t wait to share some info!
You probably picked it up from Surdyke Marine. Greg is a good dude. We go to their Yamahapalooza every year. Congrats on your new boat! Read up in the stereo section on how to make your stereo much better with some free mods.

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congratulations on the new boat. Still waiting for winter to end in Michigan, so you are not alone!

Watts

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the 242x. They are beautiful boats and my favorite color combo for sure! Looks like the windows are tinted? We love the tint on our boat.
Yep, I’m assuming I’ll like them. I didn’t have the tint on my last boat. But it does look good!

You probably picked it up from Surdyke Marine. Greg is a good dude. We go to their Yamahapalooza every year. Congrats on your new boat! Read up in the stereo section on how to make your stereo much better with some free mods.
Yea I hear I need to basically re wire the speakers? Give the sound bar some more juice and point it forward?

Congratulations on the new boat. Still waiting for winter to end in Michigan, so you are not alone!
Dude it’s gotta get warm soon right?

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Dude it’s gotta get warm soon right?
Good news - it hit 74 degrees yesterday!!!

Bad news - it may not make it to 40 on Monday...