• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Just went to the "other site" and tried to send a PM to let someone know about the new site.

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
When I went to send the PM it looked as if the link to https://jetboaters.net/ was hidden or removed. Has Brian set it up so that that particular link cannot be posted in the forum?

Last edited:
It is Brian, not Jeff. He is blocking our URL or any part of it. You will have to be sneaker than that. But your aware if he thinks your deliberately steering traffic away or telling others, he may ban you...not something that will get you banned here!

Brian Dorsett runs YJB. It was originally owned by Jeff someone.

I understand that our url is removed if it is included in a PM or post on YJB.

Has anyone that joined this forum been banned just for joining yet?

It is Brian, not Jeff. He is blocking our URL or any part of it. You will have to be sneaker than that. But your aware if he thinks your deliberately steering traffic away or telling others, he may ban you...not something that will get you banned here!

Sorry, guys. I can' seem to get Jeff and Brian straight!! I bought my fins from Jeff so I keep typing his name by accident when I intend to say Brian. It's fixed / edited now.

Not that we are aware of.

One of the big motivations for creating this forum is that I was temporarily banned for organizing the Perfect Pass group buy that Brian has profited from. Then Mel was permanently banned for mentioning a logo. Then Julian was permanently banned for asking why Mel was banned. So it is pretty easy to get banned from YJB. We decided the community needed a better home.

I know txav8r, I didn't get much sleep last night (kid in the emergency room until 3:00AM) and I keep typing Jeff when I intend to type Brian. Yeah, I expected to see him ban me if he monitors private messages. If that's the kind of guy he is (monitoring private messages) which I suspect he is, I'll probably be banned by the end of the day!! LOL Lets be glad that Brian doesn't have any real power like head of the NSA or president. As it is he's just a tinhorned dictator of another site that is in rapid decline. I expect people to migrate here like refugees as they learn about the site.

In 1 of the topics, it was mentioned that Mel was banned. So I asked why and for how long. And I also stated we will never know cause it will be "hush-hush"!
Brian posted back that he removed Mel and Julian indefinitely for defaming his name and character. Whatever!

Octavio,

I intentionally stirred that topic up over there. I am glad someone bit. His reply is indicative of the way the board is run - My way or the highway...

I know txav8r, I didn't get much sleep last night (kid in the emergency room until 3:00AM) and I keep typing Jeff when I intend to type Brian. Yeah, I expected to see him ban me if he monitors private messages. If that's the kind of guy he is (monitoring private messages) which I suspect he is, I'll probably be banned by the end of the day!! LOL Lets be glad that Brian doesn't have any real power like head of the NSA or president. As it is he's just a tinhorned dictator of another site that is in rapid decline. I expect people to migrate here like refugees as they learn about the site.
No worries! I was just trying to help! I hope your kiddo is ok, what happened? Oh wait, you meant someone else's kid? Hope he is ok too!:)

Over the years, I've had my own run ins with Brian - 1 that really really pissed me off. But I couldn't mention it or discuss it - I would've been immediately banned.

Your best bet is to PM them your email address and ask them to email you. Or you can go to tinyurl.com and get a free short url, but he'll ban that eventually as well. then you can get creative and type things like

http://j-e-t-b-o-a-t-e-r-s.n-e-t or any such approach and just switch it up often.

And yes, he's calling me a liar over there, and saying I defamed him. Not true, I told the truth....eeee gads! THE TRUTH!

No worries! I was just trying to help! I hope your kiddo is ok, what happened? Oh wait, you meant someone else's kid? Hope he is ok too!:)

No, it was my son. He spiked an unexplained 102 degree fever (no other symptoms). In medical terms (fever of unknown origin) which is more concerning than a fever that has an explanation (strep, flu, etc). I wanted some lab work done to put my mind at ease, he's perfectly fine today though. Thank's for asking.

Over the years, I've had my own run ins with Brian - 1 that really really pissed me off. But I couldn't mention it or discuss it - I would've been immediately banned.

Too many people have stories like this. Its a shame.

Bruce, Mel and I founded this place with the express intention of ensuring that this place is run fairly, transparently and with respect and honor. No one will disappear from here without anyone knowing about it. I HOPE no one ever gets suspended, and if we ever have to ban someone it will be discussed and voted on by the admins and moderators. No one single person will ever make that decision! EVER! OUR PLEDGE!

Very glad! Whew!

Glad he is better, that would make for a very difficult night!

One more thing. If my view of it not being a "YJB priority" was wrong, why was I banned without warning or notice 2 minutes later? I could not respond, I could not apologize...hell, I couldn't even complain that I thought 5 years to get a logo was long enough! We have one here on day ONE...and any of you can use it. But we want a member run forum here, so we are wanting entries to select a voted on and selected logo...oh, and we had a map on day one too! ;)

One more thing. If my view of it not being a "YJB priority" was wrong, why was I banned without warning or notice 2 minutes later? I could not respond, I could not apologize...hell, I couldn't even complain that I thought 5 years to get a logo was long enough! We have one here on day ONE...and any of you can use it. But we want a member run forum here, so we are wanting entries to select a voted on and selected logo...oh, and we had a map on day one too! ;)

Does anyone know if Brian makes money off of the YJB site? Just curious.

How can he not make money? This site costs les than $20 a month to operate. The donations he gets must far exceed that...

Back