• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Just went to the "other site" and tried to send a PM to let someone know about the new site.

How can he not make money? This site costs les than $20 a month to operate. The donations he gets must far exceed that...

My thoughts exactly! Although I was and still am very appreciative for all of the advice and help that I got over there, that's why I never donated any money.

@primedoc He will tell you he doesn't, but that is true, it is by choice and mis-management. He's been offered free hosting by at least 2 members. I'd love to see him account openly for his donations. I wonder if he accounts for them with the IRS too?

@txav8r Last summer I replied to a thread over there that was from 2003

http://yamahajetboaters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44

And REALLY pissed him off when I did. All I'd said was that the topic of Logos has been on the board since its inception (2003). Gretchen PM's me with a LONG message telling me to leave Brian alone and stop being so mean.....or something to that effect.

Holy Geez..I was away for quite a bit if drama.
Julian.. all that even after saving YJB from the wolves years back.. dang.

I was a charter member of the STAR Touring group for Yamaha cruiser bikes for the first 13 years of it's existence. I quit when they started banning members for asking questions about where all the money was going. It was a for profit organization run by a guy named Alan Cease that was keeping all the dues being paid providing little if anything to the group. I kind of got the same feeling on the other site when I endorsed Will and I bought my Throttle Lock from him. I got snotty response on the FB page because I didn't buy them through Brian's store. And then I observed the comments in the logo discussion and pretty much felt it was time to check out there as well. These things just seem to feel better when you do it for the fun and camaraderie rather worrying about milking every last dollar out of it.

I wish you success with the new site and I'll be hanging around when I have the time.

@Pewaukee Dave The simple reality is that this is a hobby not a business.

Building and selling products to jet boat owners can be a business, Jeff and Will have proved that. But running a jet boat forum is a hobby.

I PM'd fly4united..he's a great guy. Maybe he'll join us

Holy Geez..I was away for quite a bit if drama.
Julian.. all that even after saving YJB from the wolves years back.. dang.

And right up until he banned Mel, I was still updating and publishing his FAQ for him. Something for which he never thanked me, never commented on it, and refused to make it a "Sticky". I think he's been mad at me for a while about something....(some unwritten rule I transgressed...like complaining about the logo!).

Well, everything here will be tranparent. We've published the financials of the site and our rules

Who was it that said"if you like the show, don't look behind the curtain". Kinda true in that case.

I just joined this site yesterday being steered towards it and now I can't review YJB site, does that mean I'm banned from it?
Heck, I just like the fact of emailing someone about a problem I may or may not have and getting different opinions.
Sharing some of the stories and photos are part of the fun, what the heck happened? why all the drama? It's too bad if I'm banned from a site for joining another, that's kind of sad.
Welcome everyone! I have hung around long enough to know most of you from YJB site and I'm hoping all the good will spill over.
I just want to read about potential problems and fixes and upgrades.
I will hope for the best for all!
Health, Family and Friends is what it's all about to me.
Bring on the Summer!
RJ;)

The YJB site is down right now for "management assessment" - whatever that means - and to "process group buys". It says it will be down for 24-48hr..
I'm calling BS on that. Something's up!

I was doing my morning ritual and checking out both sites, but the other site is currently down 24 to 48 hours do to management assessment and processing group buys. If I get banned from the other site for joining this site as well that would be bullshit

I was doing my morning ritual and checking out both sites, but the other site is currently down 24 to 48 hours do to management assessment and processing group buys. If I get banned from the other site for joining this site as well that would be bullshit

I also went to the Y JB Facebook page and I cannot post on that page. Can anyone else?

That explains this..Screenshot_2014-03-02-10-40-24.png

Back