• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Kerr Lake get together?

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone interested in meeting up at Kerr lake after Laborday? Never boated there. Usually hang out at Belews Lake near Greensboro.

Smitty

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I may be interested. We have not boated there yet either and have been planning on getting up there sometime.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Belews is too hot right now! I do like Kerr, but enjoying High Rock right now.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm game! Kerr is a great lake, nice and big with plenty of places to go. Was just there yesterday. We wanted to just get out and ride and went 20 miles one way and still didn't see the other end of the lake.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have not been out on the boat since the falks lake gathering.. i am starting to get the itchies! Depending on the date we will be in... we go to kerr more than falls most years... we put in at nut bush in henderson and go all the way to clarksville va for lunch..

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have not been out on the boat since the falks lake gathering.. i am starting to get the itchies! Depending on the date we will be in... we go to kerr more than falls most years... we put in at nut bush in henderson and go all the way to clarksville va for lunch..
@bronze_10 I think that may be a good idea for a group get together! What about September 9th as a potential date and do just that. Put in at nut bush, cruise north for lunch, hang out for a while and head back.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The weekend of the 9th of septemeber my wife and i are going to be in wilmington nc at the in water boat show... without the kids!!!! We could do either sept 2 or sept the 23rd.. or august the 26th

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't think I can make Aug 26th as we will just be heading back from the ICW for the total solar eclipse.... How busy do you think that lake would be Sept 2nd? That's labor day weekend. This could become a fall leaves cruise if we push out to Sept 23rd...LOL...but I am game for either the 2nd or the 23rd.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
this thread kinda fizzled out... Depending on the weather we are planning on going to Kerr on Saturday. we can still go on the 23rd of anyone wants to get together then.. However this Saturday the 26th we are going if anyone would like to join!!

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am not going to be able to make the 26th this round. Hope you all enjoy the remainder of the boating season!

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
this thread kinda fizzled out... Depending on the weather we are planning on going to Kerr on Saturday. we can still go on the 23rd of anyone wants to get together then.. However this Saturday the 26th we are going if anyone would like to join!!
Last minute plans, but I think we will give Kerr lake a shot today, maybe launch at Nutbush.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Its large but in so nice.. easy to get outta the way there..
You were not kidding ! It really is big, and we loved it the lake. Plenty of places to go, and we only saw a part of it. Water was nice; clean and fairly deep. Surprised on how quiet it was. Very few boats at Nutbush ramp, and boat traffic was pretty light. Looked like tons of places to anchor near a beach. And the boat ramps, all NC boat ramps should look like these. I always thought Jordan did a nice job with this, but Kerr has a terrific set up. We plan on making more trips there. Its 25 mins for us to get to Jordan, an hour to Kerr.

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Shhhhh..., keep Kerr a secret it’s my private lake.

Never mind guys... I boat W Kerr Scott Reservoir... just noticed Kerr Lake is its own different lake north of Raleigh May join as I’ve never been up there

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Shhhhh..., keep Kerr a secret it’s my private lake.

Never mind guys... I boat W Kerr Scott Reservoir... just noticed Kerr Lake is its own different lake north of Raleigh May join as I’ve never been up there
Well, I suggest you come prepared. ;) We slipped in to a small cove and dropped anchor for lunch, and were nearby a few patriotic fellows proudly displaying duel flags, Trump, and Confederate. King size bed sheet dimensions. Several of these monsters on different boats. It is truly a spacious lake, more than twice the size of Smith Mountain in VA, and maybe 4 times Jordan Lake.