• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Kuuma Grills

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought a Magma grill in a black friday sale last year and plan to use it extensively this year. I used a Coleman Portable Grill for the 2013 season.

Last night I happened upon Kuuma Grills while looking for a suitable mount for my Magma. The Kuuma appears to be similar to Magma's offerings although sometimes more compact and at a much more affordable price. Has anyone tried them?

Here are some examples of what they look like. The low profile models would be easy to store!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'd love to grill on the boat but we typically barely have enough room for guests and all the toys as it is...so the wife argues that a grill is just not practical. I see her point but get tired of sandwiches on the boat.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I went with a weber Q 120. Those look nice, but i'd buy another Q first. And I will never go back to sandwiches! I told my wife I would sit on the grill while driving before leaving it at home!

steined

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a Q120 as well. Haven't taken it on the boat yet but have taken it camping a few times. Not real sure where I'll store it on the boat, but I do love it. I ran out of propane a couple weeks ago (all 3 20lb cylinders, someone dropped the ball!) and it subbed in for my Weber Genesis just fine! They now have the Q1200 and it has a once piece grate and nicer fold out tables. If you can find a Q120 on clearance at a Meijers or Lowe's you might find a great deal. I got mine for around $150 last year on clearance. Worth every penny and then some! One of these days I'll come up with a mount.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone try these Kuumas yet? I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on one of the Profile series. I currently have a small Coleman propane grill, but it's oval and I can only fit a couple burgers on there at once. So usually I need to do a couple rounds of burgers and then throw some hot dogs on. It would be nice to be able to cook several at once so I wouldn't have to spend so much time with a spatula in my hand...

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just ordered the Kuuma Profile 150 for $106.95 on eBay, free shipping. It has a 17x9" cooking surface and the grill is only 10" deep so I can put it under my rear seats without tilting it. After it's delivered and I have a chance to try it I'll give my review.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I am subscribing here to follow...I may look into this, not because of price as much, but size! I don't want all the bulk and difficulty on my boat, but a compact and workable grill is not a bad idea...if it is indeed workable and will actually get hot enough to grill without melting or damaging anything on the boat! And how quickly it cools is important too along with how easy it is to clean. Not one drop of grease anywhere in my vinyl, carpet, turf, or elsewhere will be acceptable to me.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is why I'm trying this out.. my Coleman doesn't quite fit in my storage compartment without tilting it a bit. Plus, this is stainless. I would have preferred to get the Profile 216 as it's a bit bigger, but I measured it and it would also need to tilt to go back under the seat. The 150, I can lower it straight down without rocking it at all, so less chance for spillage after use.

I'm going to try to find a base to take the big table legs that I can mount under the grill so I can just keep it way off the swim deck that way. I'm hoping that I can put the legs down while in storage and that will be enough to keep the mount off the ground so the grill doesn't roll around on it.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My boat has the large hole in the center of the swim deck as a table pole mount; I don't think that will work for me. It may work for the newer boats though, I don't know.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Kuuma grills look nice. I've been using variations of the Coleman perfect flow grill on the boat for many years now. It fits in all of my boat's compartments except the anchor locker. The dimensions are 21" L x 13" W x 6" H and it can usually be found online for under $100. Coleman offers a vinyl carrying case for it and two bottles of propane for another $30ish.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=coleman perfectflow grill&tag=mh0b-20&index=sporting&hvadid=1781456828&ref=pd_sl_47ngosw4gn_pp

Mounts for the floor based tables are cheap, starting at about $20. The mounts for the wall based tables, the mount that actually attaches to the table and sits on top of the bent leg, sells for $90 through Hamilton (I think), $125 from Yamaha Sports Plaza.

Magma makes at least two versions of their level lock mount, one rotates on a ball like RAM products do, the other does this as well as offset the shaft to make it thicker so it sits snugly in the bent leg table holder and/or rod holders. I don't know if it expands enough to cover the gap in a floor based table leg as they are a little thicker as I recall.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone happen to know the aftermarket part number for the floor-based table mount?

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The Kuuma grills look nice. I've been using variations of the Coleman perfect flow grill on the boat for many years now. It fits in all of my boat's compartments except the anchor locker. The dimensions are 21" L x 13" W x 6" H and it can usually be found online for under $100. Coleman offers a vinyl carrying case for it and two bottles of propane for another $30ish.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=coleman perfectflow grill&tag=mh0b-20&index=sporting&hvadid=1781456828&ref=pd_sl_47ngosw4gn_pp

Mounts for the floor based tables are cheap, starting at about $20. The mounts for the wall based tables, the mount that actually attaches to the table and sits on top of the bent leg, sells for $90 through Hamilton (I think), $125 from Yamaha Sports Plaza.

Magma makes at least two versions of their level lock mount, one rotates on a ball like RAM products do, the other does this as well as offset the shaft to make it thicker so it sits snugly in the bent leg table holder and/or rod holders. I don't know if it expands enough to cover the gap in a floor based table leg as they are a little thicker as I recall.
I have this Coleman grill too and mounted it to the table leg. I got my idea from you, @Ronnie Thanks! I love it and it works great. The only thing I don't like is that it would be nice to be able to close the lid when cooking. It cools down amazingly fast!

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Closing the lid is pretty important to me... it keeps the spatter WAY down and cooks stuff faster, and I think more evenly. And if you turn it down, you can do stuff like chicken breasts on it.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree that being able to close the lid would be better. The Coleman grill does get the job done though. Here is a pic from the last outing. We grilled steak and brussell sprouts. ( i know not everyone likes brussel sprouts...) The grill is on the mount in the background.
20140628_182911_resized.JPG

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have used both the Coleman portable grill ($70) and a Magma Cabo ($150). I prefer the enclosed cooking area of the Magma. It is able to maintain temperature like an oven while the Coleman cooks by direct heat. Both will cook delicious food.

I hope these Kuumas will work like Magmas at a middle ground price.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking forward to pics @Bruce !