• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Kuuma Grills

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cool deal - yeah, I saw those in the Bimini thread. Bet it tasted great! Was hoping to see pics of how your potentially new grill looks mounted on your boat.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
OK so the Big Brown Truck of Happiness just dropped off my Kuuma Profile 150 just a bit ago.

Overall, I like it so far. One thing I didn't realize is that it DOESN'T come with electronic ignition. I am going to look into upgrading it, though, if possible. The burner holes may be too far from the sides, I'm not sure yet.

I put on a propane canister, fired it up in my kitchen and set a thermometer probe underneath it. I put it on Medium and it went up very slowly; ambient temp was 73 in my kitchen, I think it got up to around 83 after 15 minutes or so. I turned it to High and... I don't think I'm going to be using that setting very often. It turned the heat dissipator over the burner RED and it started getting really hot after several minutes. The temperature underneath rose to the mid 90's before I shut it off. The thing I need to watch is that the mounting bracket underneath gets really hot, at least when it was on High. That's OK, because I think slow and low gives much better results, in general.

The legs aren't as tall as I thought they would be. I will have to see how I can secure it if I end up putting the table pole mounting plate underneath it.

The 150 looks like it will hold up to 8 burgers at one time. This will be much faster and more convenient than the 2-3 burgers I could do on my small Coleman, and is plenty for the number of people I normally have on my boat.

Off to the hardware store to look at igniters...

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I need to add an igniter to my Magma Cabo as well.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the weber go-anywhere. It goes anywhere and if you leave it or break it, it is only $50. It works great and I am a Weber fan for all grills.

Those stainless look real nice

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'm looking at the 125 for a bit cheaper yet, but I don't know if there is much of a difference between 125 and 150 sq in of cooking space. I have a family of 5, so maybe that means one more burger?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007ILANWY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2LI6Q4HZHCAPD&coliid=I1J1Z51BFQDL3G
Dimensions are almost the same according to specs. Prolly go with the bigger one anyways, but I was thinking that a lighter unit would be easier to mount off the side of the boat. But honestly, I think putting it on the table leg on the back is going to be my best/easiest option anyways.

It's put on the Christmas list!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got my Magma Cabo in a Black Friday sale last year for $140 including a $50 accessory set so it was $110 off of retail. For those of us that have finished boating for the year it may be a good deal to wait for the sales.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm looking at the 125 for a bit cheaper yet, but I don't know if there is much of a difference between 125 and 150 sq in of cooking space. I have a family of 5, so maybe that means one more burger?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007ILANWY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2LI6Q4HZHCAPD&coliid=I1J1Z51BFQDL3G
Dimensions are almost the same according to specs. Prolly go with the bigger one anyways, but I was thinking that a lighter unit would be easier to mount off the side of the boat. But honestly, I think putting it on the table leg on the back is going to be my best/easiest option anyways.

It's put on the Christmas list!
I went with the 150 over the 125 because of the shorter overall height of the 150.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I went with the 150 over the 125 because of the shorter overall height of the 150.
Hmmmm, nice, makes it fit under the seat easier?

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, the Profile 150 is pretty slim.