• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake James N.C

Smitty

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone been to Lake James in North Carolina? I rented a house out there for a week as it is supposed to be a beautiful lake, figured I would check to see if anyone had any feedback on the lake or any tips.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Has anyone been to Lake James in North Carolina? I rented a house out there for a week as it is supposed to be a beautiful lake, figured I would check to see if anyone had any feedback on the lake or any tips.
Saw this old thread, and hope its ok to add to it. We are going to a wedding in Asheville July 19th and 20th, and recently met someone that mentioned boating on Lake James. We are thinking of pulling the boat with us, maybe leaving it near the lake, and head to Asheville. Planning on checking out the lake on the way back, maybe the 21st or 22nd. Anyone know of a place to leave the boat and trailer for a few days, or maybe interested on meeting up for a tour of the lake?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Surprisingly we don't have many members in that area. If you click on Members, then Member Map, you can zoom into the area and see who is around there. Then you can @ them to draw their attention to this thread.

@Keith Gray is the closest, @copper and @kypdurron5 in Ashville.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've been out on Lake James years ago. I have some family up in Morganton, NC. Some of the movie, Last of the Mohicans, was actually filmed out there. It is indeed a gorgeous lake. I would go more but there are no campgrounds on the lake and it is a bit far for a day trip.

Anyway, I don't have much helpful info besides it is worth the stop!

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We rented a vacation house on lake James a couple years ago. It is a Great Lake with little traffic. There are public ramps. I can’t advise on temporary parking; but did see a few storage places around that might work a deal with you as well as a couple camp grounds that might do the same. We stayed a full week so not sure if you could get a rental any shorter and at late notice; but worth a look on vrbo.
F5F7162A-4A6B-4F0D-9318-9A8F8CF0D596.jpeg
BD360244-44EF-4EE1-B032-8C7B75C95624.jpeg

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We rented a vacation house on lake James a couple years ago. It is a Great Lake with little traffic. There are public ramps. I can’t advise on temporary parking; but did see a few storage places around that might work a deal with you as well as a couple camp grounds that might do the same. We stayed a full week so not sure if you could get a rental any shorter and at late notice; but worth a look on vrbo.
View attachment 96753
View attachment 96754
Thanks ! At least I know its worth the trip. Hopefully I can find a parking spot for the boat, and then make the best of it.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lake James is by far the nicest lake in NC. Its pretty big, has some restaurants on it, and also has a state park with a mini beach. Sometimes pontoons will pull up on the beach for cookouts and such.

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been out on Lake James years ago. I have some family up in Morganton, NC. Some of the movie, Last of the Mohicans, was actually filmed out there. It is indeed a gorgeous lake. I would go more but there are no campgrounds on the lake and it is a bit far for a day trip.

Anyway, I don't have much helpful info besides it is worth the stop!
This campground is now available . . . Contact - Lake James Camping Resort & Marina

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length