• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Michigan Run from Portage IN to Racine WI!

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So, I was trying to figure out a way to break in the new boat and put some good hours on the "Indian Princess". What I came up with was a run from Portage Indiana "Doyne's Marina" to Racine Wisconsin's Reef Point Marina (74 miles).

What a great time! My daughter Olivia and I made the overnight trip using our "over the tower camping cover". We got a little cold and with stopping for potty breaks, only took about 2.5 hrs. We had a great time and I would recommend stopping and visiting the facilities, people, and restaurant to anyone in the area.

I will definitely do this run again in the future!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
20160520_110700.jpg
My over the tower camping cover!20160520_165802.jpgOlivia enjoying the slightly warmer trip home!20160521_112717.jpgHer new friends!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sounds like a great trip and one your daughter will never forget.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Andy S his camping cover would be perfect for chub cay

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great idea but not sure I can get one made it time.
I thought is was a great expense for my future plans and only cost $1740.00 I had it made at Horizon Awning in Michigan City Indiana. Unfortunately, I asked about making a template for any of the same year/model boats and they couldn't do it. They welcomed anyone to stop in and see them from jetboaters.net!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
That's quite a run man! I am always so late to taking out the boat. I may need to come with next time as motivation to get the thing out sooner.

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It was a lot of fun! Olivia really enjoyed it and camping out on the boat too! It was really really cold though :cold: I'll be making the run again in Mid August or early September when the weather will be so much more enjoyable. You, Susan, and the kids are more than welcome to boat along with us!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
You save a little distance and money putting in at Hammond. Free to launch there and a bit closer.

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I received a discount from Doyne's Marina for $78 I got a launch and portage water sticker. Pulling the boat an extra 25 miles to Hammond just isn't convenient compared to dropping in portage. I'll link up with you at Hammond for the June 11th & 12th depending on where and what we decide to do!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I received a discount from Doyne's Marina for $78 I got a launch and portage water sticker. Pulling the boat an extra 25 miles to Hammond just isn't convenient compared to dropping in portage. I'll link up with you at Hammond for the June 11th & 12th depending on where and what we decide to do!
The big marina was $75 if i recall for portage residents 150 for non. I obviously don't take the boat out enough for that.
What is the water pass?

BryanW

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Whats the scoop on the 11-12th run? I'm planning on heading up, just wasn't quite sure where to put in, based on the Americas cup races, and where everyone else was putting in.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Whats the scoop on the 11-12th run? I'm planning on heading up, just wasn't quite sure where to put in, based on the Americas cup races, and where everyone else was putting in.
There is another thread for the 12th!
I will post something up for anyone that wants to hang out the 11th.
Join the midwest group!
In fact @Midwest for this thread!