• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Murray SC, Drift Jam and Reggaetronic

Clayton Danyew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone gone to or is anyone planning on going to these?

https://reggaetronicsc.com/
http://www.driftjam.com/

I have never been before and am hoping to make it to both. Coming down from Greenville. Does anyone recommend a good ramp to drop the boat in? When do the ramps and parking start to fill up? Any recommendations on a rental house on the water with a dock and trailer parking? I am hoping to drive down Friday night and stay somewhere on the lake through Sunday to avoid driving back and forth the day of.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All the local ramps near the lake Murray dam will be crazy for the weekend. I recommend putting in at Dreher island state park, https://southcarolinaparks.com/dreher-island plus it is closer to you.

If you look at vrbo.com there are homes to rent, most are it in the general area of dreher island.

Not sure yet if I will mane it out there for those events.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will be at driftjam but can’t make it to reggaetronic because I will be in Bimini. Reggaetronic was awesome last year. I second @Andy S ramp recommendation. If we want to make it a group thing and all be tied up togehter there my marina has plenty of space to group up before heading over. Hopefully @Rob9550 and crew can make it.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will talk to the Wife and see if she wants to go.

Clayton Danyew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. Ill definitely avoid the main ramp by the dam then, thanks for the heads up. Still trying to get a finalize headcount and looking for places on the lake to stay with a dock. @Mainah , what marina are you at? Id be down to meet up ahead of time and all tie up. I don't know anyone that's gonna be on the lake so... When do you recommend getting to the sandbar to anchor/tie up? I was thinking 10ish to get a good spot and avoid the cluster F that'll happen later on.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. Ill definitely avoid the main ramp by the dam then, thanks for the heads up. Still trying to get a finalize headcount and looking for places on the lake to stay with a dock. @Mainah , what marina are you at? Id be down to meet up ahead of time and all tie up. I don't know anyone that's gonna be on the lake so... When do you recommend getting to the sandbar to anchor/tie up? I was thinking 10ish to get a good spot and avoid the cluster F that'll happen later on.
@Mainah is at Timberlake marine, if you launch at Dreher Island or out that way you will pass on your way to Spence's Island. The anchoring for the show is very organized, with lots of water cops directing things. Look at the pictures on both shows websites (or the one below) and you will see the organized parking. Make sure you have plenty of anchor rode, the water is about 40' deep in most of the area that you will be anchoring in. Once you get out of the organized anchoring, the depth can get to as much as 100'.

I hope to make it out there for both events but won't know for sure until the last minute.

lake murray reggaetronic.jpg

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will figure out timing as the event draws near but earlier does mean a better spot. My marina does not really allow or want transient docking aside from those going to the golf course that it is at. That said there are so many empty slips further from shore that no one will care if just for an hour. This is about 15 minutes from the venue. I imagine as the dates draw near more people might express interest and then timing can be coordinated. If you are looking for somewhere to stay Dreher Island State Park has really nice camping spots the are both on the water and somewhat secluded, parking for your boat and trailer, fuel dock, two boat ramps, one with a small courtesy dock and one with courtesy slips. To my knowledge they do not allow overnight dockage. Most people will be floating behind their boats so bring your floats or wear your life jacket as a diaper. Once tied up plan on staying for a while and make sure to bring everything you will need.

One item you may want is fender covers. Fenders rubbing between boats will cause some minor marring that can be buffed out. Some folks won't let you tie up with them unless you have them. And here is my shameless plug. I have just filed a provisional utility patent on neoprene fender covers (yep no one else makes fender covers with neoprene or closed cell foam core). My website is not up yet but I do have some ready for sale in 4.5, 6.5, and 8.5 inch diameters with more sizes coming very soon. 3mm neoprene adds extra cushion, won't soak up water, is form fitting, won't sag as bad as the others over time. I use paracord and the top and bottom instead of elastic so they don't fall off and use heavy duty marine thread with a locking stretch stitch on the seams. PM me using the inbox at the top right of this site if interested.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Our neighbors moved from that lake and still have a lot of friends there. GOing to see if they are interested in this. Looks like a really fun time.

Clayton Danyew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I reserved a house near Oswald Park (South of Dreher Island) June 1-3, Ill be down there Friday evening and we'll be cruising day and night all weekend (weather pending). Any recommendations on places to have dinner/drinks on the water? Im still down to meet up before drift jam to tie up. Can coordinate as the date gets closer.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I reserved a house near Oswald Park (South of Dreher Island) June 1-3, Ill be down there Friday evening and we'll be cruising day and night all weekend (weather pending). Any recommendations on places to have dinner/drinks on the water? Im still down to meet up before drift jam to tie up. Can coordinate as the date gets closer.
For dinner checkout these places; Liberty on the Lake, Rusty Anchor (outside bar with food is called Catfish Johnny's) and the Frayed Knot.

It is looking more and more likely that I will be out there but wont' know for sure until Memorial Day weekend.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice. Frayed Knot is a cool tiki bar with a good bar menu and a small resturant as well that can be tough to get a slip at if lots of business but much closer to you than other options. Liberty on the lake will take you quite a bit further and is a larger restaurant. Rusty Anchor is another resturant close to Liberty on the lake. Both of those are closer to the venue than Frayed Knot All are typically busy on weekends in the summer so be prepared to wait.

At bit before sunset you will want to take in the purple martins at Bomb Island aka Lunch Island. All of the resturants and the islands are known poi on Navionics.

We are certainly up for meeting up and heading over as a group. Will share the gps coordinates via private message closer to the event. If you are into tow sports I can share the best locations for that via pm as well.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am planning on going to drift jam as well. Too early to know about the other yet!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Whay not? Everytime I cook at the lake u seem to show up anyway @Julian
Exactly! I figured since you are there every time I show up....you are a permanent fixture! LOL Not to mention the great food....of course I keep coming back!!!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For those that want to go to drift jam as a group please reply to this thread and I will start a pm with the gps location for meet up. Plan on departing that loctaion between 10:30 and 11. Too soon to get an accurate forecast so will all be weather dependent.

Looks like we have 4 or 5 boats confirmed at this point counting my neighbor. I will likely have a rather full boat with my fam and 3-4 guests.

Make sure you have a good anchor with plenty of line and large fenders. I can cover both sides of my boat with what I have which includes a very long 12 inch diameter inflatable rafting fender on one side and neoprene covered fenders on the other. When tying up, spring line rigging or bungee docking straps work best. I have a small box anchor for the bow and a fluke anchor for the stern. Wearing a life jacket as a diaper works well for floating but I prefer the inflateable U chairs with cupholder. Whatever you do please politely comply with SCDNR officers as they have a big job for an event like this.

I have attached the gps location of the event and a depth chart of the area for reference. Plan on anchoring in 20-70 feet of depth and you will have it all covered. I anticipate we will be less than 50ft depth if we arive before 11:30.

For anyone interested I will be bringing along black neoprene fenders covers made by me and my family for sale in multiple sizes from 4.5” to 10.5” diameter. For anyome who has ever rafted up you likely know why these are a good idea.

Attachments

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Come to think of it my marina is likley to be a busy place because of folks departing for the event. The best centralized rally point I can think of is the south side of Bomb Island where it is easy to anchor and somewhat protected.

Tentative plan for those wanting to go as a group is to meet there (photo with coordinates below) by 11 and depart NLT 11:15. Communications on vhf channel 69 with group group call sign jetboaters. Will also get cell details in the PM.

C0B136C1-B3AE-4D80-A9E4-B2E968F3462F.png

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Mainah thanks for being the lead on this one. Cindy and I will be there in the Cobalt, we have family going in their boats so we might have a few more to our flotilla.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It appears as though we have the following folks confirmed (dependent on wether of course). For those concerned about forecasts do keep in mind that Chapin and Irmo have had a high likelyhood predications of Thunderstorms everyday for the past few weeks we have only seen one widespread and a couple of very isolated microbursts.

@Clayton Danyew - Thanks for starting this thread by the way
@Andy S - With a couple of other boats
@Mainah - With one other boat
@Jameson Clark

Please tag any other members who may be interested.
@Rob9550 ?
@AlphaKap ?

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'll definitely be there and would love to raft up as long as I can get an end spot. I will have my 5 year old with me and there's a good chance his patience will break down at some point and we'll have to go for a ride or find a beach to play on. LOL