• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

leaking cup holders

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2015 242 Limited S. I thought that I saw before that these boats are supposed to have drain lines attached to the cup holders. Instead what I found on my boat are a bunch of cup holders just draining into the storage bins. The one on the left side of the helm is just leaking right onto my wires --- not cool Yamaha, not cool.

Anyone else? Any input?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I posted this on another link it shows where all the drain lines go. Maybe you're missing some hoses?

Attachments

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
some? -- I have none. The only hint of a line is at the helm, laying on the floor. However there are none anywhere else on the vessel.

Thank you for the PDF, I remembered seeing it before. Just couldn't find it.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I never knew that some models had drain hoses on them. I put silicone in the drain holes on my cup holders years ago. Helps keep the soda, juice, rocks, sand, shells, etc out of the storage areas.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
lol, well I don't poor the drinks into them. As for the kid... well I can't quite guarantee that. I did notice though that after a good rain storm the inside of the bow benches are soaked. With a direct line to the cup holder. But it does make me feel better that it normally doesn't have any lines.
Thank you.

I think I'll follow @itsdgm advise and just seal them.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
lol, well I don't poor the drinks into them. As for the kid... well I can't quite guarantee that. I did notice though that after a good rain storm the inside of the bow benches are soaked. With a direct line to the cup holder. But it does make me feel better that it normally doesn't have any lines.
Thank you.

I think I'll follow @itsdgm advise and just seal them.
Supposedly the 2015 models should have them....so you might want to ask the dealer about it if they are close....

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea I'd get the hoses attached. At least they will all drain in to the bilge where it would get pumped out if needed.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you to everyone. I just wanted to verify with other owners that the drain hoses are supposed to be there. I'll be contacting the dealership ASAP.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My helm cup holder had a snapped-off hose nipple and the drain hose was 4 inches too short, so it was never actually installed properly from the factory and in fact, it left the factory broken. The water was draining into my helm near the electronics. I sealed it with silicone for now. Also, my starboard swim platform cup holders were not draining. I had to fix this myself because my dealer "fixed" the problem by jamming something (probably a screwdriver) into the drain hole and popping off the drain hose so that it was draining into my swim platform (which is packed with sound deadening foam). @subysti 's diagram really helped me. The root cause was that the drain hose was kinked. When I was at my dealer, I looked at the helm cupholder drain hose on an AR240 that was for sale, and the drain hose was barely holding onto the nipple. I mentioned this to the dealer, but they didn't seem interested.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My helm cup holder had a snapped-off hose nipple and the drain hose was 4 inches too short, so it was never actually installed properly from the factory and in fact, it left the factory broken. The water was draining into my helm near the electronics. I sealed it with silicone for now. Also, my starboard swim platform cup holders were not draining. I had to fix this myself because my dealer "fixed" the problem by jamming something (probably a screwdriver) into the drain hole and popping off the drain hose so that it was draining into my swim platform (which is packed with sound deadening foam). @subysti 's diagram really helped me. The root cause was that the drain hose was kinked. When I was at my dealer, I looked at the helm cupholder drain hose on an AR240 that was for sale, and the drain hose was barely holding onto the nipple. I mentioned this to the dealer, but they didn't seem interested.
I thought about running hoses onto the drains in the cup holders back in the day, but like you said, there wasn't really enough of a nipple for the hose to hang on to. So I figured that I'd be chasing hoses that keep falling off, so I went the easy way and just sealed them up.