• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Left engine no power (SOLVED)

Freezer41

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
[USERGROUP=9]@HELP[/USERGROUP]

Left engine sounds as if I'm revving it up on dry land. Right engine working fine. Nothing in the clean outs. Nothing unusual up until now.

very good

That's great @Freezer41 keep us posted if there's a further issue.

Glad you got it worked out. I didn't get a notification through the help so sorry for not replying sooner.

Glad you got it worked out. I didn't get a notification through the help so sorry for not replying sooner.

My (at)HELP notification seemed to be delayed by an hour or two - but not 100% sure

Great job figuring it out, @Freezer41

I searched the forum for reverse trick and all the posts were just people talking about using it but not actually how to perform it. Took me a few minutes of digging in the forums to find the pinned post. Thanks for coming to my aid guys. I was not looking forward to limping back to the dock from my current position just on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge (first time crossing it)
image.jpeg
Posted edited by txav8r to show full image.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just a little jealous that you have the opportunity to have problems boating...the only thing stuck in my impellers are ice chunks........but glad you got it working. Thanks for taking one for the team.

I searched the forum for reverse trick and all the posts were just people talking about using it but not actually how to perform it. Took me a few minutes of digging in the forums to find the pinned post. Thanks for coming to my aid guys. I was not looking forward to limping back to the dock from my current position just on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge (first time crossing it)

Glad it worked out. Great pic. I have visited the area and been to the Golden Gate Park. I couldn't imagine a more beautiful place to boat.

Glad you got it fixed! That is a great pic. I thought the water was very rough through that area?

Glad you got it fixed! That is a great pic. I thought the water was very rough through that area?

Hi! Thanks. So I was warned by a few people about how rough it can be so I was prepared to turn around at any time, but before we went out but I checked some of the wind sensors in the bay and it seemed favorable. The worst water we encountered was actually in the bay between the Oakland-SF Bay Bridge and Alcatraz. 16-20mph was comfortable during that stretch.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/show_plot.php?station=46237&meas=swht&uom=E&time_diff=-8&time_label=PST
This buoy is several miles offshore and shows we were out there at the 3-5ft swell period. Peak wind gusts were 8kts so it wasn't bad at all.

I'm going to post a new thread in Destinations with pictures.

Back