• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Let's see your setup for taking baby onboard

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Starting to plan how to get by newborn on the boat. 2 week old, plan to wait a couple more weeks

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This our little guy last year about a month old. DBA0D988-B46F-4316-9A55-FC7A3507D59F.jpeg

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This our little guy about 18 months now.

Whoever isn’t driving usually holds him, other than that he just sits where ever. He usually falls asleep.

I have amseen some swing setups off the tower, looks like a good idea.

F96CFD8E-D6C8-4259-BE99-0B2ACF31CB65.jpeg

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats on your growing family. Getting them on the water young is great with the proper protections against sun exposure (including eyes), high heat exposure, noise exposure from loud high pitched engines, and of course wearing a properly fitting life jacket.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our GIANT 14mo old (he's seriously already in 24mo clothes) has been going out with us since he was about 2mo old or so last summer. Born April 2nd, once the water and weather was warm enough we had him out just about every weekend last season. He's pretty easy at that age honestly. Just sits around mostly. This season he is FAR FAR more mobile and is into everything already.

We have a USB powered fan, and some plastic "giant clips" that hold the fan in place when he's napping. Lots of sunscreen and keeping him cool was the name of the game at a young age.

This was when we was ~5mo old. Could barely situp on his own. Infant vest no longer fit him, so we went one size up and he was a little small for it.
IMG_72471_1535997382313.jpg

Here he is just a few weeks ago in the swing. CHeap fabric/wood swing we found on Amazon. Works pretty well to keep him in the shade, and in the breeze.
IMG_20190525_130258.jpg

Biggest hassle for us right now is that he wants to get up and walk around while we're driving at speed in the boat. At 14mo he does NOT have sea legs yet. He gets made when he has to sit still, so we're fighting that a bit. On top of that it's a LOT of one person to handle him because he's a big kid, and is already a bit stubborn. So that leaves another parent to drive the boat, the 7 (soon 8) yr old is easy at this point. He's been easy for the past few seasons, so we'll only have another season or two of the little one being a handful I think.

Let us know what questions you have in particular and we'll answer. Having a baby on board isn't tough, just need to dedicate one adult to him at all times. We maybe got 2hrs of "free" time on the water when he was napping last season.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ours would always just sit on someone's lap or fall asleep as @B0at1n said!

I couldn't resist captioning that photo though!!!

View attachment 95967

This is hilarious, and so true.

Today was the first day he didn’t just sit, he actually crawled all over the place and even drove for a little while. He was having a blast.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
reviving the old baby thread. With the season behind us, want to thank those of you who answered and gave ideas. This year with little tiny baby was easy. Next year with likely a mobile little monster is going to be quite interesting. Below are a few pics of her "enjoying" boating time. They grow up too fast.

EFFECTS.jpg

GOPR1763_1564437038528_high.jpg

IMG_20190622_145945.jpg

IMG_20191012_213427_691.jpg

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Soon you and your wife will be cuddling in the bow while your little ones pilot the boat.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Soon you and your wife will be cuddling in the bow while your little ones pilot the boat.
I don't want to wish my life away, but man, I can't wait for that day to get here.

The end of this season was trying at best. Having a 15mo old on board is a full time job. It's like suicide watch for a tiny drunk person.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
... It's like suicide watch for a tiny drunk person.
Amen to THAT!

So one day the boat isn't gonna start after a long day out on the lake and you're gonna be SERIOUSLY concerned 'cause all the usual stuff won't work. Baby will have yanked the lanyard. If you're lucky it will be in the boat. (Mine was.) If you're not lucky.... Ugh.

Hint: Carry a spare. ;)

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Amen to THAT!

So one day the boat isn't gonna start after a long day out on the lake and you're gonna be SERIOUSLY concerned 'cause all the usual stuff won't work. Baby will have yanked the lanyard. If you're lucky it will be in the boat. (Mine was.) If you're not lucky.... Ugh.

Hint: Carry a spare. ;)
oh. my. god.

I'm selling my baby.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know those jackets are intended to keep their head upright, but I found them almost torture. SO... I did the very wrong thing of altering a larger non-head-supporting jacket to fit a kid under 30lbs. It worked out great, and it was my own kid, so worst case it was my own freaking responsibility, but thankfully he never needed it for real. I don't regret it. I still cringe at the poor kids strapped to those contraptions. You guys are much better than I am.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't want to wish my life away, but man, I can't wait for that day to get here.

The end of this season was trying at best. Having a 15mo old on board is a full time job. It's like suicide watch for a tiny drunk person.
I'd rather be cuddling on the couch while my kid winterized the boat.

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Starting to plan how to get by newborn on the boat. 2 week old, plan to wait a couple more weeks
Shade shade and more shade.I set up a tailor-made anchor three umbrella on my upper ski deck and tie it in to the back of the Bimini top.It sets up in minutes and doubles my shade. I don’t really go fast when the kids are on board so I can cruise around about 15 to 18 mph with this rear shade up. It was 106 last summer on Fourth of July So hot hot hot on the boat. Keep those babies cool .
Thank you for getting your children out there on your boat at a young age Starting the traditions early.