• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lithium batteries

What are you running for amps, that you can kill a pair of Group 24's in that amount of time? My 1000w JL amp runs way more than that on one Group 27. I have a second in there, but leave it for starting, unless I have to parallel them in emergency.
I just have the stock wet sounds system with one 10” bass unit and stock battery configuration. I believe only one of the group 24 powers all accessories on the boat. We never have the radio more than 50% volume. When we are at the sandbar for more that a couple hours the battery voltage is typically around 11.4 volts. I do have a Noko onboard and the boat is plugged in after every outing.

I just have the stock wet sounds system with one 10” bass unit and stock battery configuration. I believe only one of the group 24 powers all accessories on the boat. We never have the radio more than 50% volume. When we are at the sandbar for more that a couple hours the battery voltage is typically around 11.4 volts. I do have a Noko onboard and the boat is plugged in after every outing.
Ya, start with replacing your current battery, assuming it’s shot or on it’s way out. But separating the cranking and starting, but with a switch allowing you to run them in parallel if one bails. if you need more power, then replace the stocker with another group 27 like the fresh one. But the stock system should not be killing your battery in 2 hours.

having a dual battery system for us was a nice safety net. But we have not had a need to run parallel as of yet with the pair of group 27’s. And I can’t imagine the stock wetsounds is more than a 1000w system. I could be wrong.

Good luck.

What are you running for amps, that you can kill a pair of Group 24's in that amount of time? My 1000w JL amp runs way more than that on one Group 27. I have a second in there, but leave it for starting, unless I have to parallel them in emergency.
Perceived volume and power are not linear. Volume plays a huge part of the equation...if you listen at 50% volume, you're using ~20x less battery. If you crank it, you'll get a couple hours, if you drop it to half you'll get two days. Drop it to 1/4 or less and you'll get a week...give or take.

The point is your 1000w amp is using very little power if you're not cranking it, and everyone's perspective on volume is different. My wife hates shouting over the stereo, so when it's chat time the volume is around 5-10% and I can run two weeks at that volume. But when we're partying, it's around 70% or more, and we're only good for 3-4 hours. At full volume we're good for about 30 mins.

If you crank it up, your 1000w amp on a group 27 100ah battery is good for about 10 mins or so. Obviously you're not cranking it all the time.
:)

Perceived volume and power are not linear. Volume plays a huge part of the equation...if you listen at 50% volume, you're using ~20x less battery. If you crank it, you'll get a couple hours, if you drop it to half you'll get two days. Drop it to 1/4 or less and you'll get a week...give or take.

The point is your 1000w amp is using very little power if you're not cranking it, and everyone's perspective on volume is different. My wife hates shouting over the stereo, so when it's chat time the volume is around 5-10% and I can run two weeks at that volume. But when we're partying, it's around 70% or more, and we're only good for 3-4 hours. At full volume we're good for about 30 mins.

If you crank it up, your 1000w amp on a group 27 100ah battery is good for about 10 mins or so. Obviously you're not cranking it all the time.
:)
That math makes complete sense. Thank you. As we do not utilize our system for what it was designed for. I think over powered was a safe bet for those days that someone with liquid courage has access to the remote!

SOK 12V 100aH Marine LifePO4 Batteries available in August 2022 :)

Aloha everyone, really want to thank the community for all the great information and resources! The forum was invaluable in purchasing our 2021 Yamaha 195 FSH Sport, which finally arrived on Saturday.

Reading through the forum, we really wanted to get the SOK LifePO4 marine batteries but they only offered in 12V 206aH and we would need 3 of them to run our Garmin Force trolling motor at 36V. It was too much, so we opted for the Ampere Time 12V 100aH x 3 instead, Amazon delivered them in 2 days. But before buying the Ampere Time, we really wanted SOK batteries from the reviews and price point, so we wrote Min to ask if they could offer a SOK 12V 100aH MARINE VERSION. And the great news is Min replied the 12V 100aH marine version have shipped out of China and are on the way to the States, estimated to be available in August 2022! If they maintain their quality and price point, they will surely fly of the shelves!

Peace,
Phill

Last edited:
SOK 12V 100aH MARINE LifePO4 BATTERIES AVAILABLE IN AUGUST 2022!

Aloha everyone, really want to thank the community for all the great information and resources! The forum was invaluable in purchasing our 2021 Yamaha 195 FSH Sport, which finally arrived on Saturday.

Reading through the forum, we really wanted to get the SOK LifePO4 marine batteries but they only offered in 12V 206aH and we would need 3 of them to run our Garmin Force trolling motor at 36V. It was too much, so we opted for the Ampere Time 12V 100aH x 3 instead, Amazon delivered them in 2 days. But before buying the Ampere Time, we really wanted SOK batteries from the reviews and price point, so we wrote Min to ask if they could offer a SOK 12V 100aH MARINE VERSION. And the great news is Min replied the 12V 100aH marine version have shipped out of China and are on the way to the States, estimated to be available in August 2022! If they maintain their quality and price point, they will surely fly of the shelves!

Peace,
Phill

How did you get a FSH in ca?

Back