• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Long time lurker; first time poster

RoughRider

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Been coveting the Yamaha boats for a few years, and finally bought a 2015 on a good discount. Been looking here for a long time as well, and am trying to decide which mode I will make before ever putting in. You guys have contributed so much great stuff it is hard to decide. What a great site and hope that I can bring something to the community too.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome aboard!!!!
What part of the planet you and your new toy reside in? Post up a pic or her! Does she have a name?

Mod recomendations: Boat buckles !!! Led lights!!!

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @RoughRider! There are tons of great mods on this site. My favorites are Seadek, upgraded stereo, and modifying the head compartment for better storage. Be sure to ask if you have any questions and post some pictures as soon as you pick her up!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Been coveting the Yamaha boats for a few years, and finally bought a 2015 on a good discount. Been looking here for a long time as well, and am trying to decide which mode I will make before ever putting in. You guys have contributed so much great stuff it is hard to decide. What a great site and hope that I can bring something to the community too.
Congrats on the new boat and Welcome to the site!

So many mods to choose from....depends on your budget, your boating plans etc. But one thing is for sure...we LOVE virtually spending each others money! LOL

As Justason said...be sure to add your location to your profile and post up some pics!!!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, check out the FAQ for lots of great info,

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard, glad to have you!

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad to have you aboard @RoughRider !! So many mods to choose from...what is a person to do?? :)

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome to the internet's BEST and ONLY authority on everything jet boat related! Enjoy!

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congratulations and welcome!

RoughRider

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My wife and I boat on Rough River in KY. Will post some pics soon. Don't specifically have a name yet, but thinking 'Re-Raise' since my truck plates are 'I RAISE'. I used to play a lot of poker.
What advantage do the LED lights provide?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Boating at night! to answer your question! They are easy on your power supplies and easy to install. And they provide some great ability to change colors or keep up with the music! @RoughRider , using the @ symbol in front of a screen name will alert the person you wish to come back to the thread. And if you will add your location as zip code, lake, or town, it will put a pushpin on the member map and let others know what type of weather and lake/bay/coastal/etc. conditions you deal with, when they are answering your questions. Glad to have you on board and anxious to see your boat and lake!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Congrats.....that's a great way to start the New Year!!

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Which model did you purchase?

RoughRider

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nice ride.... We ended up with the ar240. Traded our ar190 for it. Love the upgrades Yamaha has done on the this boat! We had our steering cable break at the end of the season. Killed our fall boating. It was the starboard side. My thought is.... That side is the only one connected to the keel fin adding extra stress to it. I already had installed fins on the boat. thrust vectors from jet boat pilot. Cobra has a set up that links the whole steering set up together. I had jet boat pilot create a fin for the port side and bought a tie rod that cobra makes to tie it together. Just something to look at. Love these boats! Have fun!

BgTravis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Welcome @RoughRider ! We are over on Kentucky lake, not very far from you. Glad to add another jet boater to the state!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @RoughRider and congrats on the new boat. Glad that you found us and decided to join in all the fun.