• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Low voltage alarm and batteries

Nctinter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So a few questions. I replaced my batteries about 8 months ago with Duracell AGMs. No issues all summer. Took them off the boat in December and put them on a trickle for 3 months. My boat sits in a high and dry. So went out yesterday and drove around for about 30 minutes and got a low voltage alarm. Speedo going haywire. Checked connections thinking I screwed up reinstalling them. Connections were good. So I notice a little wire coiled up and tucked under the power knobs. DSVR wire that was never connected. I never saw it before. So is this my issue? And did it do permanent damage to the ECM? I'm going to grab the batteries tomorrow and get them tested. I assume that the house battery is not fully charger anymore and I'll need a new one. The whole reason I bought agm batteries was because I cannot shore charge them. I do take them home during season every now and then to give them a full charge

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes the liitle black dvsr wire is a well known issue. If it get forgotten to be hooked up your dvsr will not function. If your batteries were on a two bank trickle all winter than they are likely fine but you will have to top the house back off on a smart charger that starts in a high rate and then reduces to trickle.

Nctinter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a smart charger so I'll do that, if the battery is still good. Have had the boat 2 years and surprised I never noticed the dvsr. I guess that's why my first 2 batteries died. Frustrating. Just hope my ecm is ok. I think I'll keep a voltage meter on the boat and monitor my consumption. Also, any benefit to upgrading the battery cables and or connections like car audio does?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Your ecm should be just fine. It just was not getting good communication becuase of how can bus and sensors work off of voltage. Upgrading the cables won’t help as we don’t have alternators. If you can, good sized solar panels with a dual bank controller would help.

Nctinter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So now im puzzled. My batteries tested good. I fully charged then again. Cleaned all connections so there's no corrosion. Hooked everything up including dvsr and now im getting all kinds of errors. From startup the gauge just continually beeps and displays system voltage alarm, low fuel alarm, check engine. The speedo is going haywire and pushing the gauge buttons does nothing. The boat runs perfectly. One thing I will note is that the tach gauge has condensation in it. It never did prior to this problem. Could it be a bad or damaged gauge?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am not familar enough with the 2017 fsh 19. I can say that if is has an SPU that would one thing to check connections on. Also check connections to the tachs and connext if equiped. The tachs do have logic boards in the for some stuff and a tach that is no longer sealed could be part of the problem. After making a check of connections (un plugging a re plugging to ensure fully seated) this is one of those things I would recommend seeking warranty service from the dealer on.

Nctinter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. Im gonna check the connections today. I have a feeling it's a faulty gauge. I don't think I can get it warrantied since the boat is about 3 years old.

Nctinter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Update. Pulled the connections off the tachometer and one of them had moisture in it. Took the gauge out and could see water trapped in there. So I think that's my problem. Im trying to let it dry out but I cannot take it apart. Any chance of disassembling this thing? Or a good place to buy a new one?

Zeroed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Maybe the bag of rice trick would work?

Julian