• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

LS2000 fuel gauge only reads 1/2

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
So like the title says my fuel gauge is only reading 1/2 full, we stopped and topped the boat off on the way to the lake yesterday, I didn't climb aboard at the station to check the gauge. We got in the water and rite away in noticed the gauge only reading 1/2, I thought I saw something on here about an adjustment or fix, anyone know about either?? Or is it a bad gauge?? Thanks

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
There is an adjustment on top of the fuel tank - but I don't recall how that is accessed on an LS2000...someone with one will chime in!
Thanks @Julian I think the tank access is under my seat cushion, at least that is where my fuel shut off valves are maybe someone will chime in that knows how to adjust it..

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Typically there are 2 screws on top of the sending unit, one is for full (marked "F") and one is for empty (Marked "E"). They usually have a blob of caulk on them to prevent them from vibrating and changing position.

Last edited:

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I think there are some magnets in the gauge that come off in the tank.

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I spoke to ISSPRO today, they MFG the original fuel sender for the LS2000 boat model. plug n all (12.5" long stem) Spoke to Don in Technical support, he has the exact model for replacement with all the new technology to accommodate the ethanol and fuel additives. I found ISSPRO name and P/N on the sleeve for reference. Plug n play setup. $110.48 + freight

He informed me failure is due to the newer fuel additives and corrosion properties not present during the time frame of MFG. 2000' All the new units are up to today's standards. Cheers.