• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Marine fuel price app/website?

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone found the "gasbuddy" equivalent for marine gas?

I had to bend over for gas at $3.85 a gallon this week end (top end of Assawoman Bay at route 54, at the MD/DE state line). I get the marine premium but when the local gas stations are at $2.15 for the same gas and when we had been down at the south end of Ocean City where apparently I could have filled up for a buck less it's at the very least annoying. If I could have looked that up before...

Edit: that was for ethanol gas...

I wonder if you join Gasbuddy if it allows you to add gas stations? No reason why they wouldnt allow marina's to be entered....one would think!

EDITED...they dont allow marina gas prices to be posted....something moronic about it messing up their average price calculator...(they are obviously not software developers)

Last edited:
@msavold. I have looked for the same thing with no luck. I think the marinas have a much smaller storage capacity so need more frequent deliveries making them more volitile with pricing.

Does your boat call for premium fuel? If that's the only way you can get non ethenol fuel go ahead but if your engine calls for 87 octane there is a savings right there.

@Gym, 87 w/ethanol is fine - and the $3.85 was for 87 octane with ethanol. :( I get the smaller tanks, more difficult environmental conditions, and shorter season but 80% markup over roadside...

I wonder if you join Gasbuddy if it allows you to add gas stations? ...something moronic about it messing up their average price calculator...(they are obviously not software developers)
Yeah, neither am I but I'm pretty sure I could write that code! Question I have is if I can sort by premium/regular/diesel, then um... wouldn't "marine" be an easy addition??? Sheesh.

I just started using a lift this summer and will fill 2, 5.8 gallon gas containers and use a super siphon to drain them into the boat. Is that a viable option for you @msavold?

That's not even bad. I had to fill up on the Colorado River outside of Lake Havasu this last Saturday at Topock 66 bar/marina and it was $5.00 a gallon. Put in 20 gal just to be sure all was okay as it was early in the day and we went up river with a much larger load than anticipated leading to a low fuel situation. That was just a total fleecing though

I just started using a lift this summer and will fill 2, 5.8 gallon gas containers and use a super siphon to drain them into the boat. Is that a viable option for you @msavold?
I've been looking into that today. I know it seems silly considering what we drop on these boats with mods etc. but still...

@Mrbruin2k $5?? Ok, I feel a little better now - in the misery loves company sense of better! BTW, are you sure they put gas in the tank and not, oh, crack or something??

Back