• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Massive Fish

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Why I will never ever live in the Northeast! What a schmuck!

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Such a tease...

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe he's been busy trying to catch part 2 of the video...

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm over it at this point........

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow. Never posted this or any other pictures/videos for approval or validation from anyone. Simply sharing events. I'll make sure not to do so going forward.
Pretty sure he was joking.. LOL

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@ClemsonTiger .... please don't get discouraged by any one response....we have a big family here, and lots of opinions! I loved your video!

Question...were you still trolling while you had that on a line? Also, how on earth does one know when one catches something like that if it is edible or even protected? Can you call fish and game?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ClemsonTiger, the tease and over it posts are just other members having fun with you. We are just excited to see what you caught!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ClemsonTiger, the tease and over it posts are just other members having fun with you. We are just excited to see what you caught!
Yep, what he said. I actually added a funny emoji face after my post but I did it from my iPhone keyboard. Aparently when you do that it doesn't post on the forum. You have to use the smiley face function off the forum I guess.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Okay that was kinda funny. Serious question: why do you hand line the leader? I fish in the Pacific Northwest so am not real familiar with the techniques you use in the open ocean.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lol, I thought you were going to pull a Marlin or shark aboard.

Reminds me of an experience I had years ago, a guy in a fishing boat pulls up to the cabin cruiser I was in and asked if he could tie up to us so he could get a pick of the biggest fish he has ever caught. My friends I were ready to stand in the shallow water and hold up our part of giant sturgeon, instead the guy hands me his camera and asks me to take a picture of the 10 pound bass he pulled out of his live well.

Not so long ago I was watching a yacht selling show and the owner's friend was working hard to reel in what appeared to be a big fish, it ended up being a 5 gallon bucket.

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Love the video. Yeah funny ending, of course, no proof of it ever happening!!! That's fishing!!

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
That is my luck I get great video shots of fish I don't care about but the best fish and action of the day the camera is filming my feet or the sky...lol After my last Florida trolling I did definitely want to add some rod holders up closer to the console. Don't like the 2 vertical holders at the rear might need to re-purpose those as they just get in the way.

I did try out a new line made by KastKing
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C6OUDX2/ref=s9_dcacsd_bhz_bw_c_x_2
65lb 1094yards to spool up both my Shimano TLD's in white.

With braid on the main line these are rigged up for anything and I can pick whatever leader I want to run. After losing a $20 crankbait that was on 70lb mono and a blue runner with 2 hooks attached using seaguar 60lb fluorocarbon to toothy critters need to find something to switch to when I run into this.

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Yeh I like braid for trolling because the thinner diameter line I can hit bottom without having to use any rigs. Since I don't do it enough right now could not justify down riggers when 90% of my fishing is off the front of the boat for bass. However I coupled the braid with mono when trolling just for the extra stretch and use the fluorocarbon when bottom fishing. Not sure what you pay for weights but I found this guy and his prices are awesome!!!
http://www.ocean-angler.com/
I loaded up on barrel sinkers since you can rig them up for almost anything.

When it comes to fluorocarbon I usually stick to Seagaur which is freaking expensive but does not fail like Vanish or some other cheaper flouro's. I bought a 1000yd spool of 15 pound a couple of years ago when tournament fishing a lot on Kentucky Lake for around $80. In fresh water I use 15 or 20lb 95% of the time so when I went to salt water had to stock up on some heavier line. I lost a lot of tournament money to crappy fluorocarbon before I found Seaguar its the real deal!!

I did not think about getting one of the angled rods might have to look into that since I need to pair up my tld20 with a different rod anyways. We are planning another Florida trip in October so I have a little time to order some new toys for the next trip. Then will probably head down to Steinhatchee in February to fish with my wife's uncle for Reds and Trout. He is the ultimate RedFish finder every time we have gone out he puts us on fish.