• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Missionboatgear Delta

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@MISSION_BG. I would love test this product in conjunction with my product. I think the thing you are going to find hard to over come is the jet wash that these boats produce.

PM me for more details and a phone conversation if need be.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
ooo...ooo...ooo...pick me ....pick me! I'll test your product!IMG_2809.JPG

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski @Scuba_ref Just got back from the dealer and they gave us the green light. We're going out this week for a test run on a 242x and hopefully we can also run it on a single engine model. We'll let you know how it goes. Here's a photo of it attached to an AR230.
That looks really promising and super cool!

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
@swatski @Scuba_ref Just got back from the dealer and they gave us the green light. We're going out this week for a test run on a 242x and hopefully we can also run it on a single engine model. We'll let you know how it goes. Here's a photo of it attached to an AR230.
After I hope you prove it works on the Yamaha's, please try out the Chaparrals also! Scarabs too.... I am all for being a Chaparral guinea pig if you need a test case ;)

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey @MISSION_BG have you had a chance to get out and test on a Yamaha yet? I think there are a bunch of us interested in the results of your testing.

MISSION_BG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Scuba_ref Thanks for the note! Yes, we got out and tried a 242 and 192 without ballast. We found that these boats run shallow so the side walls are mostly out of the water at surf speed; they don't seem to plow like an inboard. Because of this we couldn't get DELTA full submerged so it wasn't effective. We ordered up some large ballast bags and are going to hit it again next week. Hopefully this will do the trick. We'll make another post next week and hopefully we'll have some great news!

Cheers-

MISSION_BG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@MISSION_BG. I would love test this product in conjunction with my product. I think the thing you are going to find hard to over come is the jet wash that these boats produce.

PM me for more details and a phone conversation if need be.
I agree, there is a ton of wash. A combo setup might be best. Where are you based? We're in MN!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MISSION_BG thanks for the update. We do all run a lot of ballast - that 14 inch draft doesn't create much displacement. Thanks for continuing to test!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Josho

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't wait for the update!:nailbiting:

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I'm willing to sink my swim platform to get a nice surf wave. I'm excited to see if this helps!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My swim platform is at or under the water level on the surf side which also helps push the jet nozzle deeper as well. Unfortunately when I do that the opposite side is way out of the water and this attaches to the opposite side. It will definitely be interesting to see if they can make any progress with our wakes.

Port0222

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree, there is a ton of wash. A combo setup might be best. Where are you based? We're in MN!
@MISSION_BG -- I am in MN! I do not have any Ballast -- but if you want a boat to test on -- Let me know -- My boat is on Tonka, gassed up, and available whenever you want.

There are Yamahast hat come with ballast from the factory -- Which might be easier -- @dansshin has one in MN-- he might be willing to help too.

rocknracing

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Scuba_ref Our platform is underwater on surf side but we also fill our 400lbs bag in starboard compartment next to motor just to keep the jet more in the water.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Scuba_ref Our platform is underwater on surf side but we also fill our 400lbs bag in starboard compartment next to motor just to keep the jet more in the water.
@rocknracing I did purchase an 800 lb bag this winter so that I can work with my ballast configuration. I am going to try the big bag on the floor in the back of the boat and then a 400 lb up front, another 400 lb on each seat in the back and then the last 400 lb on the swim deck surfside. My intention is to get the whole boat lower in the water for displacement and then just list it a little to the surf side. I'm hoping that with this sort of a set up the @MISSION_BG DELTA will be able to work some magic. I haven't had a chance to get out and test it yet, but I am hopeful.

rocknracing

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Scuba_ref that what I did a few years ago which saved a lot of headache. I just had Wakemakers make a custom bag for my port side locker that comes in just over 1200 lbs plus my 2 batteries around 135lbs. Then I have a 600lbs in ski locker, 400lbs port side, usually 400lbs on swim deck, plus passengers. If no passengers I have a 750 I put on port seat, wake wedge with automation. Will try and get some video of the wave this weekend while we are out. I have tried with different weights and placement up front and nothing seams to effect the wave.

rocknracing

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I too can't wait to see if the Mission Delta will work on our boats.

Last edited:

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@MISSION_BG -- I am in MN! I do not have any Ballast -- but if you want a boat to test on -- Let me know -- My boat is on Tonka, gassed up, and available whenever you want.

There are Yamahast hat come with ballast from the factory -- Which might be easier -- @dansshin has one in MN-- he might be willing to help too.
I've never tried wake surfing but would be fun. I have 2013 212x which comes with two factory ballasts if you need a test boat.

Tyler Brown

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
jcyamaharider
Not going to say that it will not work but................. I talked to Ronix about their wedge block eight.3 and this would be the same type of convergence system that this would be doing. They said " It didn't work on a Yamaha but it did on a Chaparral."
Wondering if when you talked to ronix about the wedge block eight.3 and they said it didn't work on a Yamaha but it did on a chaparral if the chaparral they tested had the chaparral fixed surf platform or not? Curious if you knew from talking to them.