• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Missionboatgear Delta

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
jcyamaharider

Wondering if when you talked to ronix about the wedge block eight.3 and they said it didn't work on a Yamaha but it did on a chaparral if the chaparral they tested had the chaparral fixed surf platform or not? Curious if you knew from talking to them.

I don't know but I will soon find out. I wanted a convergence system to test at table rock lake next week so I have one on the way, I ordered a ronix 8.3 and will be testing that next week. I still may purchase and test the delta also, we will have to see.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
jcyamaharider

Wondering if when you talked to ronix about the wedge block eight.3 and they said it didn't work on a Yamaha but it did on a chaparral if the chaparral they tested had the chaparral fixed surf platform or not? Curious if you knew from talking to them.
Welcome to the site. @Tyler Brown Love seeing more and more chaparral members. Where you located?

Tyler Brown

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Welcome to the site. @Tyler Brown Love seeing more and more chaparral members. Where you located?
I am located in Wisconsin. Purchased a 223 vr this spring with the ballast but didn't get the surf platform yet as wasn't sure about it. We were able to do a little surfing our first time out this past weekend but want to see what we can do to improve our wake.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't know but I will soon find out. I wanted a convergence system to test at table rock lake next week so I have one on the way, I ordered a ronix 8.3 and will be testing that next week. I still may purchase and test the delta also, we will have to see.
@jcyamaharider I think I'm going to miss that trip real bad. Hope you can test the gizmo on one of the 190/192 over there. Who knows. If it goes really well, everyone here will be upgrading from twins to a single, hehehe :D.

Dbart1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I am looking at the Delta as well. I think if you can't sink it enough then it can't affect the wake. I usually get about 1200-1500 lbs (even) in mine so it may be possible. Are the other wedges tested on the jet boats? I don't think I want to spend 800 and mod the back to do it but the wake wedge did look nice. I get a decent wake now but it would be nice to clean it up.

David

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am looking at the Delta as well. I think if you can't sink it enough then it can't affect the wake. I usually get about 1200-1500 lbs (even) in mine so it may be possible. Are the other wedges tested on the jet boats? I don't think I want to spend 800 and mod the back to do it but the wake wedge did look nice. I get a decent wake now but it would be nice to clean it up.

David

No modifications to the back of the boat using my Wake Wedge. On your boat I use the 2 ladder support bracket bolts and that is it. You can return your boat to factory if need be.

MISSION_BG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi Guys!!

We finally made it out on a 2008 Yamaha AR230HO to do some testing. Our time was limited and the conditions were pretty windy so it definitely needs more time to get it dialed in. @Scuba_ref is going to order up a DELTA and play with it some more. In the meantime, here is some video and thoughts so far:

- Ballast. 1700lbs. One bag on the upper rear platform and one on the floor in the passenger area. In speaking with @Scuba_ref , it sounds like you might need closer to 3k pounds because the draft on these boats is so shallow.
- Speed. We tested a few different speeds and settled in around 10.5
- DELTA location. There's not a lot of choice here. See the pic.
- Thoughts on the wave. DELTA is doing it's job creating the asymmetry you need for a nicely shaped surf wave and helps generate more push for the surfer. That said, the jet wash from the nozzle on the surf side introduces a lot of turbulence back into the face and top of the wave.

There are a few things that can be tested further:
1. Adding more ballast.
2. Possibly de-power the surf side nozzle?
3. Lean the boat slightly towards the surf side to point the nozzle down into the water more. Just make sure DELTA remains fully submerged at surf speed.
4. Consider combining DELTA with @jcyamaharider 's Wake Wedge to reduce nozzle spray.

Jet boats with single engines might have better luck since there is only one nozzle on the centerline of the boat. This will need to be tested further.

With DELTA now shipping, our time for the next few weeks will be limited for demoing and testing. If you would also like to experiment with DELTA we offer a full 30 day return policy less shipping as long as it's in like new condition and in the original packaging. Otherwise there is a 20% restocking fee.

Cheers and thanks for the interest!

AR230 Spot smll.png

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
These are the exact same results I seen testing the Ronix 8.3 Wedge at Table rock last week. Adding more weight just made the wash more. I never seen an real results until I put a list in the boat ( while making sure the ronix was still submerged on the starboard side ) toward the surf side and I turned in that direction without the Wake Wedge. Adding the Wake wedge allowed me to surf in a straight line with no jet wash. @MISSION_BG glad you finally got out to test, it is always exciting to see new things coming around for our boats.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure if you have seen where we ended up testing but I know that the Mission boat gear Delta could add the same effect for our boats.

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Delta is awesome! Hope someone figures out how to dial it in on the Yamaha.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

Untitled4.jpg

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
whoa, that is scary! But you started out with a genuine surf tractor to begin with.

KevinMc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Has anyone been successful in integrating the wake wedge and the Mission Delta? I ordered the wake wedge during the last group buy and awaiting for it to ship. I also picked up a mission delta on ebay. I'll experiment with them both but wanted to get through to on anything else I need to do before I hit the lake.

Mikey lam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@MISSION_BG any more updates? I’ve got the 2018 212x and I’m dying to get a bit bigger wave

Mikey lam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Look at the Inland Curl wake shapers, he makes one that goes to the bottom on the haul.
Spoke with Inland and they are a great company. Very honest group that said it would work but not great with my 212x but it made a difference with the single jets. If you have a single Jet I highly recommend Inland Curl...quality company!

Bionicdave

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
New to the group. ANd the idea of surfing. Is there anything that I could put on my boat (1998 Seadoo Speedster) or my brother in law’s boat (1998 Seadoo Challenger) that would give enough to surf on?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
New to the group. ANd the idea of surfing. Is there anything that I could put on my boat (1998 Seadoo Speedster) or my brother in law’s boat (1998 Seadoo Challenger) that would give enough to surf on?
I owned a 1996 twin engine speedster and a 1997 twin engine challenger in the past. I even added a tower to the challenger for wakeboarding. I never tried surfing behind them but can say even with a rope and it would be a lot of work and might have to ride the top of the wave. Be careful if you try and ballast as getting water in the fuel breather even when it is above the water line is possible with the extra spray. I know this from experience.

Best thing I did was upgrade to my current 242 LS. Still not the best wave for surfing or wakeboarding but many times better than what those older seadoos put out. For a truly great wave a dedicated surf boat is needed but those are master of one thing rather than a jack of all.