• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Money making Idea!

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Well as some members might know the military will pay you to move your household items. Reading the terms and conditions I noticing moving your own boat is included!!!!I had to move the boat anyways might as well get paid for it. Got to love the government. So why not turn her into a Uhaul! image.jpg

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Helipilot11
Been there, done that. On my move from AZ to SC the boat I had at the time practically paid for itself. One word of caution, don't overload the boat trailer. I did and we had a leaf spring snap in MS, but I was fortunately taken care of by a military-loving boat shop owner that was about 5 miles from the incident. We had WAY more stuff loaded in it than your pic. Anyway, use caution and always do at least a partial DITY move. No reason not to, especially with a boat!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What @jawsf16 said.....just be careful not to overload it.....consider going to a truck scale nearby and getting her weighed....if you get into and accident and have it over weight you could get into legal issues.....

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Have to get it weighed anyway for the military to pay. I never go to the military weigh stations, they are always more of a hassle.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You might consider laying some towels or a blanket between the cardboard box and the seat & side padding.
Corrugated can be surprisingly abrasive and you don't want it sanding your vinyl as you travel down the road.

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
REALLY? My tax dollars hard at work? LOL. I moved myself home after my hitch. Thanks for Ya'lls service.