• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Move to San Antonio is not going so well

Wow, that is awful. Know that bridge all too well. I will PM you my contact info if we can help in any way or if you need somewhere to stop and regroup.

That totally sux! I feel for you. The great news is that the family is all OK. Although adding a lot more stress to to the already stressful move, the vehicles can be repaired or replaced.

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers. It has been said a few times before but the people that make up this forum is awesome.
You can tell that the majority of people truly care about one another it just sucks that it's usually the bad ones that get all the publicity in the media.
When people you have never really met send kind words and offers, all the way up to offering to drive out and help tow or anything they can possibly do to help, it truly means a lot to me...thank you guys.

We are safely in San Antonio now and going to do some car shopping (pretty much betting on the Tahoe being totaled) while we wait for our house closing on the 30th. I have my truck scheduled to go into the shop next week for repairs so it is all being worked out pretty well. I've never had a complaint about my insurance company USAA, but thiamin the first time I've ever filed a claim, they haven't disappointed me yet.

Glad you made it there safely. Sounds like everything is getting worked out. Very happy to hear that.

Well, now that you have made it to SA, find you some of that good Tex-Mex and a Tecate. Welcome to Texas!

I want to repeat what others are saying, count your blessings each day. It could have been your boat! Just kidding, so glad you and your family are ok!

It's so good to hear that everything is working out and especially that everyone was ok.

Glad you arrived safely. Terrible event, but thankfully you are all safe.

Now that you have arrived, Go treat your family to Chesters Burgers, just outside of Randolph, and Alamo Cafe, at 281 and Bitters. Two of my favorites down there.

County Line BBQ will also put a smile on your face!

Welcome to Texas! Glad that you are getting it all worked out and everyone arrived safe. The equipment will get squared away and the water levels are up! And I second that you are certainly in a city of great cuisine!

Man this totally sucks!!!!! Glad everyone is unhurt! Are the kids a little freaked by the accident? My daughter still tenses up when she's in a car and sees someone that might turn in front of us (our MDX was totalled by a teen turning left into it with my wife and daughter driving). She was more startled by all the airbags that deployed I think. Hopefully they are ok with it!

Was there any reason for the guy to be stopped on the highway, or was is just an idiot driver....there are plenty of them!

Learned a lot about trailer insurance from this and your other thread! Sorry you had to be the one to teach us! Hope you can work it out with the insurance company!

Also recommend Rosario's and Feast in the King William district. There are also some great places in the Pearl district too.

Also for great Mexican food head to Mi Tierra downtown. It's not on river walk and hands down the best Mexican restaurant down there.

USAA treated me right the one time I had to use them. My cycling accident, I wasn't even in a car, just got hit by one. Good to know your insurance treats it the same since it's a motor vehicle accident.

What I did realize is that I was glad to not be carrying the minimum required coverage, I would have been way underinsured.

Did they total the Tahoe? @Julian made me think more about it....are the trailers just covered with the vehicle?

EDIT - nevermind, I found the other topic. https://jetboaters.net/threads/lesson-learned-about-trailer-insurance.6391/#post-109801

Was there any reason for the guy to be stopped on the highway, or was is just an idiot driver....there are plenty of them!
There was a vehicle with a U haul trailer on the shoulder, I don't know if this vehicle was with them and pulled out onto the road or pulled up beside them for some reason....wish I knew. They all left as soon as the crash happened:-/
I can't even imagine seeing a crash right beside me and not even staying to make sure everyone was ok or anything.

Everything else can be fixed, thank goodness the family is ok. Best wishes for a speedy recovery on the vehicles.

Glad y'all made it unhurt. As everyone has said before that stuff can be fixed or replaced.

Welcome to Texas!
We have great food, great beer and beautiful women! What more could a guy want!?

Those pictures made me sick. So sorry for all of the headaches while moving. Happy to hear that the family is all safe.

Glad that you made it to your destination. Hopefully everything else involved in the move will go as planned.

@Wayloncle We never got to meet while you were here at Tyndall, but I am glad no one got hurt. Where is your boat? Also, my wife doesn't understand why I don't like to travel. Your incident on the highway is a prime example why I don't. People on the road today don't have driving etiquette and you are right don't accept responsibility. Here is a nice quote I heard some time ago, "Life is tough enough, but it is even tougher when your stupid." Glad you made it to San Antonio.

Back