• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mumified sailor found...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That is crazy!!

"It is unclear how Manfred would have become so mummified in just seven days."
If you watch the video you can see the salt water sloshing in the cabin where he was found. I would assume he was salt cured like a country ham.

Rumor was, he was an unhappy poster on the other site and couldn't take it anymore. I heard he couldn't resolve the Cobras vs Thrust Vectors issue so he sailed into the sunset. :)

I agree strange story. It doesn't all add up though the article says a racing sailing vessel found the boat with a video of someone jumping off the boat swimming to the other vessel and then once on board the video cuts out. The second video says the boat was found by local fisherman. My guess is more likely he has been dead for years as no one has seen him since 2009.

I agree strange story. It doesn't all add up though the article says a racing sailing vessel found the boat with a video of someone jumping off the boat swimming to the other vessel and then once on board the video cuts out. The second video says the boat was found by local fisherman. My guess is more likely he has been dead for years as no one has seen him since 2009.
Any links to that? Very interesting, I had not seen that.

Any links to that? Very interesting, I had not seen that.

It is in the same article posted in the first thread it is located right below the picture of the guy and girl sitting together.

Also interesting that they are between Australia and Viet Nam, yet remained on station until the USCG arrived.

Perhaps I am just a bit ignorant on this, but why would not the Australian or Vietnamese authorities respond? How long do you suppose it took the USCG to get there? Don't they usually hang out around our coast? Guarding it? ;)

The USCG patrols worldwide....

The story as I understood it is....racing sailboat found him, called USCG who said they'd come and that they could leave, then days later another boat found him.....apparently the USCG either had trouble finding the boat, or things got lost in the shuffle.

@Noko too funny! I can see this being the last remaining member of the old site! LOL I go over there every now and then.....there are sometimes as many as 3 people online....what sucks is when I see a call for help over there go unanswered for hours or days.... (zero members online there right now!)

@Julian "Last remaining member ..." that's pretty funny. Maybe he was waiting for the logo contest results ;)

@Julian "Last remaining member ..." that's pretty funny. Maybe he was waiting for the logo contest results ;)
Sure looks like Brian processing a group buy while on a boat.

Back