• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My ACE april Fools on the kids (highly reccomend)!!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My Kids of course know everything and I'm old news....so how do I raise the bar ?..>With Tech and an attack at the very sole of whats important to them.
Needs: Your kids with a phone/text package.

Prep : Edit the contacts in your kids phone they have set FOR YOU. I changed my kids "Dad" to "VERIZON WIRELESS"

...............see where this is going.??............

now as the day progressed "verizon" simply sent a few text to my kids....example:

"text content message 777er94 found inappropriate, please refrain from poor content"
....wait....

"inappropriate content to verizon customer filtered" "account review pending"
...wait...

"account administrator >justason< notified of offensive material"
..At this point, when I heard their phone ping...I would watch....the beads of sweat started....

"account >justason< pending review and suspension from verizon wireless for contact per phone (enter kids number)...
...try to hold it together....

well, this went on for allot longer than this..but you get the point.....finally after a while my son came to me and says....dddad..dddad...ummmm...errrr.....(shaking).....I lost it !!!

I WIN ROOKIE......SALT MY COFFEE WILL YA !!! AMATEUR !!!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bravo Sir ! Bravo!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'll admit, this prank is a year old.....but I repeated it with my niece that visited from 1,000 miles away recently.....the content was all out of state based and extra changes pending......She jumped in her car went down to the verizon shop and chewed someone out !!! the employee pointed to my phone number a the bottom of the text......

I'm not sure if this was wrong..or a double whammy on her !!

I lost no sleep

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thats awesome! I'm dreading the day I have kids old enough to use the internet/text... what a nightmare for a parent!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Funny....I might have to play with this a lil.....lol

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh man! I wish I had seen this earlier! Gives me a whole year to plan!! =):devilhorns:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
When texting first started to become popular I was at a bar with my wife and we met her cousin there, who I barely knew. She went to the bathroom, and left her phone (and I can't resist a good prank). So I added myself to her contact list with the name "GOD", and then set up a text ready to send in my phone for when she got back.

So she sat down and I waited a while so she wouldn't suspect I'd messed with her phone, and then hit send under the table-

"I am watching you" <From GOD>

So she gets the message, and frowns a little with a puzzled look, and puts her phone down again.

She goes to get a round at the bar....and I quickly type in a new message (remember...this were the old flip phones with T9 typing on the keys!)...

Again, I wait for a while and hit send-

"I am still watching you.....Drinking? Really?" <From GOD>

So now she looks around the bar....and I can tell she's thinking WTF? And is looking a little panicked.....and I asked her...."everything ok?"

"Sure....just a strange text message"

Well my wife couldn't let me drag it out as long as I typically would and bust in fits of laughter...and told her what I was doing.....she has yet to get me back....LOL

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh, that's just mean.

I love it.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When texting first started to become popular I was at a bar with my wife and we met her cousin there, who I barely knew. She went to the bathroom, and left her phone (and I can't resist a good prank). So I added myself to her contact list with the name "GOD", and then set up a text ready to send in my phone for when she got back.

So she sat down and I waited a while so she wouldn't suspect I'd messed with her phone, and then hit send under the table-

"I am watching you" <From GOD>

So she gets the message, and frowns a little with a puzzled look, and puts her phone down again.

She goes to get a round at the bar....and I quickly type in a new message (remember...this were the old flip phones with T9 typing on the keys!)...

Again, I wait for a while and hit send-

"I am still watching you.....Drinking? Really?" <From GOD>

So now she looks around the bar....and I can tell she's thinking WTF? And is looking a little panicked.....and I asked her...."everything ok?"

"Sure....just a strange text message"

Well my wife couldn't let me drag it out as long as I typically would and bust in fits of laughter...and told her what I was doing.....she has yet to get me back....LOL
Definitely using this one!!!

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh man, so much infomration above and beyond jet boats on this forum...gotta write these down.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh man, so much infomration above and beyond jet boats on this forum...gotta write these down.
No need to write it down. . . . there aren't any GROUP BUYS pending so the site shouldn't go down any time soon. :winkingthumbsup"

Last edited:

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Love it. With 3 teenagers at home i'm gonna have some fun with this.

Thx

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral