• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My boobs - they shed water!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good timing for this post. Just picked up my mooring cover yesterday on our way to our cottage in Sturgeon Bay. I was telling my wife about this as an option to help the bow. The instructions that come with it say the poles are good up to 65mph. I couldn’t handle getting passed all of the time.
The kids will enjoy throwing some snakes on there!
I used them the very first time I towed the boat to our place, and I was happy it was only a half hour drive. We left the poles out on the way back, and I had already been looking into something for this, because I hated the way the cover looked with the poles in. I don't remember the speed or where it was pointed out (the cover instructions, or the boat owner's manual), but it looked as if the pole in the bow was going to bust right through the cover pretty soon! The poles haven't been back in my boat since then. At this point, I'm not even sure where they are anymore!

I didn't know we weren't supposed to drive with the poles up, good to know. Look like iam buying some boobs.
I’ve also been towing my AR210 with the poles fully erect on the deluxe black cover. No issues so far. Maybe I need some big balls too?
It's written down somewhere, either in the boat owner's manual, or the mooring cover's instruction sheet about what they recommend, and it's more of a "Yamaha suggests blah blah blah" thing that you CAN, but only under X conditions. Reading around here at the time, there were many stories of people with mooring cover failures at what I would consider a premature age, and there were multiple mentions of NOT using the anti-pooling pole system when towing. IIRC, older boats recommended not using them when towing, but newer boats (or covers) were deemed to be safe depending on towing speed. Seemed to me to be introducing a pressure point to the cover, and there would eventually be situations where I might NEED to go above the recommended speed limit simply to be safer by keeping up with the flow of traffic in the slow lane.

Better option (at least for us with the 230) is an inflated tube (upside down so there is no hole) resting on the seats in the bow.

You can even add lifejackets to increase the tension if necessary.
That's another great suggestion! I don't have any tubes at this point that would fit, so these were the least expensive solution at the time.

Your boobs look nice and perky under the mooring cover. However it must be a bit colder over that way, they don't seem to be happy to see you. Maybe the fill valve will add a little needed detail. :cool:
The shipping cover fits like a sweater and hides a lot of detail. I'll have to reconsider the fill valve placement with the black mooring cover. I hope my milkshake doesn't bring too many boys to the yard! 🤣

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The beach balls I used are linked below. The price hasn't seemed to have increased since I purchased them, they're still about $15.

The idiot vendors on Amazon probably have no clue how to effectively translate the sizes to the idiot customers who don't have a clue what the words "radius", "diameter" or "circumference" mean, but the vendors also don't mention ANYWHERE how they came to the measurement of 42" . Seems to be idiots all around, concerning sizes of these things once you go past a certain size, and it's open to interpretation. My suggestion is to buy the linked beach balls if you want to go that route, otherwise, buy several and make sure you can return them, and simply send back the beach balls that won't work for you.

It seems like they measured those Intex beach balls from "North pole" to "South pole", since they seem to be about 2' in diameter. If you weren't taught that term, or can't remember which one it is, the googles are your friend. You have visual proof that the linked beach balls work, otherwise you're on your own. Don't even get me started about the "Five FOOT beach ball" that I bought for the rear, it's somewhere between 3-4', and MULTIPLE people were complaining in reviews that the size was misleading, either too small or too big, but NOBODY said the measurement seemed correct. I may have gotten that from Costco or Overton's, since I can't find it in my Amazon orders.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just ordered me some boobs

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Was at the rally today.. would these be big enough? Not sure how long of a tow you could do.. but…

28E83E42-9384-4493-8A26-DF94A6744777.jpeg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
The beach balls I used are linked below. The price hasn't seemed to have increased since I purchased them, they're still about $15.

The idiot vendors on Amazon probably have no clue how to effectively translate the sizes to the idiot customers who don't have a clue what the words "radius", "diameter" or "circumference" mean, but the vendors also don't mention ANYWHERE how they came to the measurement of 42" . Seems to be idiots all around, concerning sizes of these things once you go past a certain size, and it's open to interpretation. My suggestion is to buy the linked beach balls if you want to go that route, otherwise, buy several and make sure you can return them, and simply send back the beach balls that won't work for you.

It seems like they measured those Intex beach balls from "North pole" to "South pole", since they seem to be about 2' in diameter. If you weren't taught that term, or can't remember which one it is, the googles are your friend. You have visual proof that the linked beach balls work, otherwise you're on your own. Don't even get me started about the "Five FOOT beach ball" that I bought for the rear, it's somewhere between 3-4', and MULTIPLE people were complaining in reviews that the size was misleading, either too small or too big, but NOBODY said the measurement seemed correct. I may have gotten that from Costco or Overton's, since I can't find it in my Amazon orders.
I got the ones you recommended and they were too small. They no longer exist. They fell off the seats. I’m back to using the poles.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got the ones you recommended and they were too small. They no longer exist. They fell off the seats. I’m back to using the poles.
I wonder if the bow seats in your model sit lower than mine. Did you put your center cushions in to keep them up in that area? I know that I also had a set at first that didn't hold air, and I had to return them for a set that didn't leak.

You might be better served with an inflated tube. I think I saw you floating around with one of those in a pic or two around here. I think @biffdotorg mentioned that he did something like that. Really, the only criteria is that it gives a little, and offers some support under the cover to help it shed rain. If it's not raining, I would think you might not need anything if you didn't have any concerns about the bow area of the cover being pushed/sucked down into that area.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
That’s a good idea. You did see me on a floatie. I put my bow fillers in storage, PIA having them on the boat. But that would work. I’ve been towing with just the cover and noodles on the windshield. A bit more chafing on the hull with no support. Maybe I’ll try the floatie. You always have great ideas!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s a good idea. You did see me on a floatie. I put my bow fillers in storage, PIA having them on the boat. But that would work. I’ve been towing with just the cover and noodles on the windshield. A bit more chafing on the hull with no support. Maybe I’ll try the floatie. You always have great ideas!
I know exactly what you mean about storing the bow fillers. The only reason I have mine around is that I can take them in the house, and we're a literal stone's throw from our launch. Any inflatable, really, will have enough give to support but still compress if need be. The tubes were others' idea, I just pass along what I can remember :)

I learned about the noodles from someone else here too, and that has been a great idea too. Right after I got my cover in 2019, it seemed like they really started to have problems with supply of the mooring covers, so anything I can do to prolong the inevitable need for replacement or repair is worth the effort, to me. Pulling double duty with stuff - you're going to take your tubes/floats anyway, may as well make them work overtime

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I just put one big beach ball in the middle, for long tows. Works great.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you put them on the seats? The ones @drewkaree recommended for me kept falling of the seats. Maybe I need the D-cups.
I wonder if you got sent some undersized balls. If @tabbibus has a 24', and I have a 21', it would seem like they should work across all boat sizes, unless they changed the walkway between seats in '21.

That seems to be the only two possibilities. If I can remember, and I actually get to use the boat next weekend, I'll see if I can get measurements between the seating

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I wonder if you got sent some undersized balls. If @tabbibus has a 24', and I have a 21', it would seem like they should work across all boat sizes, unless they changed the walkway between seats in '21.

That seems to be the only two possibilities. If I can remember, and I actually get to use the boat next weekend, I'll see if I can get measurements between the seating
So you put them between the seats? I put them on the seats. Maybe that was a issue. But they did seem a little small

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

Maybe I’ll have my wife lay on the floor on her back and measure from there🤣

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe I’ll have my wife lay on the floor on her back and measure from there🤣
If she can keep the cover up and shedding water, I say keep her!

We use the center piece, as shown, for the mooring cover as well, so they can't fall between the seats. I'll have to check with the wife and see if we've gone without though, and also measure the beach balls. Maybe this will give some sense of scale for size comparison to yours.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Mine don't fall off. They are nice and snug. Perky even. TOIGHT. Lol.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
If she can keep the cover up and shedding water, I say keep her!

We use the center piece, as shown, for the mooring cover as well, so they can't fall between the seats. I'll have to check with the wife and see if we've gone without though, and also measure the beach balls. Maybe this will give some sense of scale for size comparison to yours.

Yes, of course. My filler cushions have been in storage since I bought the boat. Damn

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@RobbieO my money is on you getting undersized balls. Many of the 1-star reviews point to this problem. I really wish they'd figure out how to accurately describe and measure these. @tabbibus has the proper look on his, so he might have a measurement sooner than I will.

Balls.