• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My Covid Calculation

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have put roughly 8000 miles on the car this year. At let's say 18 mpg, that would be 444.44 gallons of gas. Let's use an average ppg of $1.80 and that comes to $800 rounded up.

My average cost per bottle of bourbon is roughly $40/bottle I would say. That means 20 bottles of bourbon would equal the amount we spent in gas for the main family car. Therefore, it is safe to say I have spent more money on Bourbon than gasoline during Covid-19, and the year ain't over yet!!!! Not to mention wine and beer, Doh!!!!!

Just picked up these 2 new bourbons to me to try out.

62750677248__C7DB5AE3-4F6C-450D-85C2-7344F5C5EC36.jpeg62750683088__88EE9725-4D12-4B4C-85F4-899563DD0E21.jpeg

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Here's my covid calculation: at the current, bi-weekly percentage increase - everyone in the US has either had or died from Covid by March. By April, covid is a non-issue for the U.S..

1605815373564.png

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Drive past Rabbit Hole every day on the way into the office. Let me know if you want some more :D

There are certain benefits to living in/around Louisville :D :D Proximity to excellent bourbon is one of the better ones :D

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Drive past Rabbit Hole every day on the way into the office. Let me know if you want some more :D

There are certain benefits to living in/around Louisville :D :D Proximity to excellent bourbon is one of the better ones :D
Man, I don’t know. That could be bad for me.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here's my covid calculation: at the current, bi-weekly percentage increase - everyone in the US has either had or died from Covid by March. By April, covid is a non-issue for the U.S..

View attachment 137357
That is a bit of an unsustained extrapolation lol.
As country we are not as bad as you would think. That by no means mean that we should chill.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

View attachment 137357

I did the same thing in Feb and March, with similar gloomy expectations. For better or worse, the rate doesn't hold long term. If you apply the same logic (We had daily increase of 70% from prior day, daily, for weeks) in Feb and March we would all have been infected by April, and that did not happen.(At the time at least it gave me hope we had an end date to the madness, but it was not to be)

I did save a ton by not eating out as much during Covid. My commuter car with my 30 mile commute only got 4000 miles so far in 2020. Not bad.

CigarJeff68

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I put time into the "honeydo" list during the stay at home order here in Michigan. The wife has been asking for a Tiki Bar for awhile, so I finally had time to build one.

Attachments

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That is a bit of an unsustained extrapolation lol.
As country we are not as bad as you would think. That by no means mean that we should chill.
I'm personally not worried about it. But if those numbers hold, nobody has to worry about it within a few months. The pandemic is over.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm personally not worried about it. But if those numbers hold, nobody has to worry about it within a few months. The pandemic is over.
They won’t.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@CigarJeff68 Looks fantastic. I don't live to far from you and I am on LSC all the time..... Should I just send along my address and my credit card to Home Depot and pencil you in for the same build at my house next spring? All the liquor/beer and steaks you can consume on me
;)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Unless it turns out to be like the flu with new strains every year....then we'll be dealing with it for the rest of our lives.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unless it turns out to be like the flu with new strains every year....then we'll be dealing with it for the rest of our lives.
yes that is a very likely outcome.

the good news is that the dead rate decreased and I believe is not only because younger people are get infected. Given we are in to this for less than a year, we have made good progress and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

It is utterly important that we don't give up or relax for the next 6 months or so.