• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My FSH 190 won't go pasy 22 mph

Tutankhamun

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Please help! My fsh 190 sport 2022 won't go past 22 mph. Am I doing something wrong?

What Rpm's are you running at that speed?

In addition to @Can0n11 question I would add, has it always only gone 22 mph?

Please help! My fsh 190 sport 2022 won't go past 22 mph. Am I doing something wrong?

You have to run the blower for 5 minutes then switch on the turbo. Standard stuff for the 190, if that doesn't work you prob have a bad impeller.

In addition to @Can0n11 question I would add, has it always only gone 22 mph?
Yes from the start....I only use it for 8 hrs. To be honest I thought that is standard and when I finally decide to take to the dealership my 1 year warranty past and they wanna charge me 200$ just to take a look at it

I really didn't payed attention to that because I thought it was normal at 22

That is super important to know. It could be as simple as the throttle cable having too much play in it.

Just to confirm, your boat is a 190 FSH Sport and not a 195 FSH sport?

You have to run the blower for 5 minutes then switch on the turbo. Standard stuff for the 190, if that doesn't work you prob have a bad impeller.

?

That is super important to know. It could be as simple as the throttle cable having too much play in it.

Just to confirm, your boat is a 190 FSH Sport and not a 195 FSH sport?
190 sport

Is the boat ready for you look at right now? Or away in marina?

The boat is at my house

Go under and take some photos of the impeller blades. Then hook up a hose and see what it revs up to RPM wise at full throttle.

I dont see where you responded with the RPMs? Also what is your standard load on boat. How many people and gear? Sounds like either overloaded or high altitude as the 190's are under powered anyway.

I dont see where you responded with the RPMs? Also what is your standard load on boat. How many people and gear? Sounds like either overloaded or high altitude as the 190's are under powered anyway.
I have 2 extra batteries for the trolling motor and most of the time there's only 2 people on board

Altitude where you boat? Your RPMs are needed to troubleshoot whether its a pump issue or engine issue.

Last edited:
Pull clean out plug and clean the rubber ring. Check for debris in clean out and also the intake grate “sticks, rope etc…”

Back