• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My jet boat is faster than yours

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I assume Connext was on while trailering.

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
nope boat sits in a dock

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Perhaps on the delivery truck?

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why would 1 engine burn more fuel than the other? Could that really happen? Are they not tuned exactly the same?

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I assume Connext was on while trailering.
any other reasons I hit 80, lol I

t's a nice bragging piece lol my only guess is that the computer doubled the top speed for 1 engine

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I suppose it could happen. Maybe he likes making left hand turns so he cranks the starboard throttle? We know he likes going fast. Like Ricky Bobby.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
No matter why or what the reason... I'm jealous.

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I suppose it could happen. Maybe he likes making left hand turns so he cranks the starboard throttle? We know he likes going fast. Like Ricky Bobby.
If your not first your last

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree with @Bruce it got to the dealership and the lake some how so someone let a engine in the on position while traveling would be the only thing I could figure. I would say the 2.2 gph average if that is all time burn is a dead give away on this though that it was left on during transport at some point.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought that last wave was a little big!

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
With the Connext systems using GPS, you have to remember that the government controls the satellites and use a drift method in them, this is in case a bad guy tries to use our system to send us a bombe etc. This drift typically fluctuates on average 3 to 5 feet per second, our GPS systems use WAAS as a correction which is another signal sent out to provide that for us recreational users etc. Now the system does get random tests etc and can jump up to 900 yards difference in a split second, if the WAAS signal dropped for a few seconds, I could see your speedo getting a crazy number for speed because your boat is not where it thinks it is, then it is... hope this makes a little sense of the issue. This used to be a bad downfall of GPS 15 years ago but it has become much more stable today, 20 years ago when I was part of an R&D team we were developing a tracking system and would get speed errors of up to several hundred mph difference, when 911 happened and the fed pulled the WAAS signal all together for a week, we saw inaccuracies of over a mile as far as present location.

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very interesting read!

Rodney Findley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
With the Connext systems using GPS, you have to remember that the government controls the satellites and use a drift method in them, this is in case a bad guy tries to use our system to send us a bombe etc. This drift typically fluctuates on average 3 to 5 feet per second, our GPS systems use WAAS as a correction which is another signal sent out to provide that for us recreational users etc. Now the system does get random tests etc and can jump up to 900 yards difference in a split second, if the WAAS signal dropped for a few seconds, I could see your speedo getting a crazy number for speed because your boat is not where it thinks it is, then it is... hope this makes a little sense of the issue. This used to be a bad downfall of GPS 15 years ago but it has become much more stable today, 20 years ago when I was part of an R&D team we were developing a tracking system and would get speed errors of up to several hundred mph difference, when 911 happened and the fed pulled the WAAS signal all together for a week, we saw inaccuracies of over a mile as far as present location.
mine has also done the same -very good info!

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

There is a satellite farm at the top of the river where we hang out, I believe it's for aviation use, guessing this might of been the culprit?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got me beat. . . . I hit 49mph at 7400RPM w-3/4 tank at 1070 elevation.

20160618_120420.jpg