• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My nephew had his drone out on the boat with us yesterday.

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Raystown Lake! Brings back memories, my buddies and girlfriends would rent a 50 foot house boat for a weekend.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Joe_C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Raystown Lake! Brings back memories, my buddies and girlfriends would rent a 50 foot house boat for a weekend.
Yes - we have done that in the past as well. It is a great weekend having a boat in addition to staying on the lake in house boat. Every house boat is fully booked They are all fully booked until September. The houseboat demand is as high as beach rentals and new boat orders.

Joe_C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Any idea what kind of drone he was flying?

Flying over water takes some nerve! Flying while also in the boat moving over water takes even more nerve! Nice job!!!

@SgtBFGunner what model did you sacrifice to the sea gods?
It is the DJI Mini 2 - He has another one that will do around 40mph, (I think a mavic) the mini 2 top speed was around 30mph. I was doing around 28-30 in the video. he was great at landing and taking off from the bow while we were at around 5mph.

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes - we have done that in the past as well. It is a great weekend having a boat in addition to staying on the lake in house boat. Every house boat is fully booked They are all fully booked until September. The houseboat demand is as high as beach rentals and new boat orders.
I'll bet! We would rent an open bow so we could buzz around and fish.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It is the DJI Mini 2 - He has another one that will do around 40mph, (I think a mavic) the mini 2 top speed was around 30mph. I was doing around 28-30 in the video. he was great at landing and taking off from the bow while we were at around 5mph.
I just took off from our boat this weekend too. DJI Mini 2. Took off fine, but it would not calibrate properly as the boat was moving during calibration. Took off anyway and got some good footage.

Although, I did do my first hand landing on that run. A bit un nerving to hold your hand out and hit "land" then just snatch it out of the air. When you spin it upside down it shuts down the props. Whoof! Sweating bullets.

It was like a mirror for the MN walleye opener!

Nice video!

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
By the way, my drone is in the Gulf of Mexico. First launch off the boat and into the sea. Luckily it was an older drone, but a loss none the less. Haven't tried that again. 🤣
I will post a video on YouTube of me chasing down and getting my drone in Atlantic ocean the video doesn’t show a ton of it it shows some of it because it was in the consul of my FSH 21 foot from the language am I narration you can tell what I went through to get that drone back

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Bring a big net. I have a Mavic pro 2

Joe_C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
whoops ...... turns out it is illegal to have a drone anywhere on Raystown lake.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
whoops ...... turns out it is illegal to have a drone anywhere on Raystown lake.
Is it a local ordinance, or is it a State/National Park? Read the law closely, as it will read cannot launch or land from.... But flying over is out of their control. But if launching/landing from within it's boundaries, yes, it can be outlawed.

Same goes for any national park. I cannot launch or land within a national park, but I can launch from outside of Yellowstone for example, but I would have to retrieve it outside the park as well. Even if I have a five mile range, once that little bugger is out of my line of sight, I'm breaking the law.

Joe_C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Is it a local ordinance, or is it a State/National Park? Read the law closely, as it will read cannot launch or land from.... But flying over is out of their control. But if launching/landing from within it's boundaries, yes, it can be outlawed.

Same goes for any national park. I cannot launch or land within a national park, but I can launch from outside of Yellowstone for example, but I would have to retrieve it outside the park as well. Even if I have a five mile range, once that little bugger is out of my line of sight, I'm breaking the law.
It is a army corps of engineers federally operated damn. I knew you shouldn't fly to close to the dam itself but the lake is 30 plus miles long. Plenty of space to fly without going near camp grounds and the dam itself. but now I know so we will keep the drone off the lake.

Meach

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Gee the laws are something. I'm retired law enforcement. I can't imagine going to a call for a drone flying illegally lmfao

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Gee the laws are something. I'm retired law enforcement. I can't imagine going to a call for a drone flying illegally lmfao
90% of those calls these days are education to the complainer. As there is more unregulated airspace than there is regulated. And as unsettling as it may be to see a drone fly over my property, I don't own the airspace above it, as much as the water out front of my dock. The plain sight doctrine says you can view and record anything that can be seen in public.