• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My new boat 3.0

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just picked this up on whim. It only cost 35k new, 45k plus tax with the two props. I probably won’t get a chance to take it out until next season.
039212F4-800B-491B-A723-1DAF9D87EEA9.png
oh not the one above, this one.
4953694E-6EDE-440B-9DEA-BB9B600E2D8C.jpeg

not 35k or 45k dollars, cents
9511752B-D7D8-4831-B2D1-1ECEC21C19CD.png

here are pics of the props.
ADD9F11B-F8FA-45A1-962F-C24D8273E806.jpeg
I also ended up returning the body glove inflatable SUP/kayak I bought earlier this year, it developed a leak and just wasn’t as big or stable as other iSUPs I’ve had.

Last edited:
Funny Guy GIFs | Tenor

I guess I don't get it @Ronnie

I guess I don't get it @Ronnie
No offense but I don’t get what you don’t get.
This post was just my way of telling everyone I bought an inflatable kayak. “My new boat 2.0” was a similar post about an iSUP / kayak I bought.

Unfortunately there are no new power boats in my immediate future. My wife likes the new seadoo switch pontoon boat but I wouldn’t seriously look into it unless or until we move closer to the water and even if we did get one (assuming there are any available) I would consider that her boat.

Huh. I thought you maybe bought a Moomba and a Kayak, perhaps more coffee would of helped. Couldn't put it together :)

Update: upon closer inspection new boat is going to cost me a little more money and time to get right. That is one of the props / paddles is “mis - pitched”/bad from the perspective of it having two female connection points instead of one male and one female. At least I got the right wrong parts from my perspective.

I assume the parts were mixed up by another shopper and wish I would have checked before I left the store. Just another reason to grab from the back of the rack not the front. Now I need to drive back to the store, Decathalon, to exchange the one I bought. So roughly 2 hours of my time and 4 to 5 gallons of fuel. So The total cost to make the exchange is well over the value of the paddle itself, $49 or 4.9k cents. Not a horrible problem to have but still a problem.
4046D5C9-6785-4C91-9828-ABDC0CC8476A.jpeg

Huh. I thought you maybe bought a Moomba and a Kayak, perhaps more coffee would of helped. Couldn't put it together :)
I understand. Your statement had me think of a totally unrelated question. Why does the Olympic committee consider marijuana a banned performance enhancing drug but doesn’t treat/categorize coffee/caffeine the same way?

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one who was was annoyed that I spent way more than 35K and could have had that Moomba for much less.

I just picked this up on whim. It only cost 35k new, 45k plus tax with the two props. I probably won’t get a chance to take it out until next season.
View attachment 164795
oh not the one above, this one.

View attachment 164798
not 35k or 45k dollars, cents
View attachment 164797
here are pics of the props.
View attachment 164799
I also ended up returning the body glove inflatable SUP/kayak I bought earlier this year, it developed a leak and just wasn’t as big or stable as other iSUPs I’ve had.
LOL.....I like the SF Giants colors!

I understand. Your statement had me think of a totally unrelated question. Why does the Olympic committee consider marijuana a banned performance enhancing drug but doesn’t treat/categorize coffee/caffeine the same way?
I wondered about this and looked it up. The concern with Marijuana is it would give an athlete an advantage by allowing them to sleep and rest better, and thus be able to compete better. I guess they think caffeine doesn't give you enough physical boost and is legal everywhere so all could use it over the counter?

@Julian , sounds like a BS too me, you? There are a lot of over the counter drugs available to sleep better including alcohol or NyQuil.

@Julian , sounds like a BS too me, you? There are a lot of over the counter drugs available to sleep better including alcohol or NyQuil.
Both of which are legal. Marijuana is illegal in many countries. And yes....those that make the rules likely support alcohol use....that helps!

Both of which are legal. Marijuana is illegal in many countries. And yes....those that make the rules likely support alcohol use....that helps!
We are way off topic now but if the reason (I.e., the spirit of the rule or law) marijuana is a prohibited substance is because it helps an athlete sleep better and therefore perform better why isn’t the use of all substances that help athletes sleep better prohibited regardless of whether the substance is obtained over the counter or off the street?

Check out the quote in the first paragraph in the attached pic. Let’s apply it to caffeine. What risks does its use pose to atheles? See the second pic. Does it have the potential to enhance performance in violation of the spirit of sports?

Im just trying to understand the logic behind the rule. I get why cocaine and meth are banned substances but for the same reason shouldn’t caffeine also be a banned substance? If not why not? Because it’s legal? Really?

If I was a pro athelete, like a track star, and marijuana use was not prohibited I would not smoke any myself but would advocate that all of my competitors do (he’ll if I could afford it I would pass out joints before and after my races to all of my competitors that wanted them) because it’s a downer not an upper. The opposite is true of caffeine/coffee, that is, I would start drinking it if I was a pro sprinter since it’s an upoer not a downer.

F038F88A-05DB-458F-AD24-F8BDD01A9D3E.pngB4185003-FC67-4FFD-B6F7-35A990BD632D.pngF038F88A-05DB-458F-AD24-F8BDD01A9D3E.png
F038F88A-05DB-458F-AD24-F8BDD01A9D3E.pngB4185003-FC67-4FFD-B6F7-35A990BD632D.pngF038F88A-05DB-458F-AD24-F8BDD01A9D3E.png
B4185003-FC67-4FFD-B6F7-35A990BD632D.png

Back to the topic at hand. Last weekend it was 94 degrees, great boating weather but I didn’t have the time to hit the water. This weekend it’s forecasted to hit 80 degrees , noticeably colder, and I’m free to hit the water if I want. My wife suggested we try out the new boat/kayak but I’m leaning towards taking the Waverunners out one more time this season instead.

taking the kayak out will cost me next to nothing and I don’t have to tow anything around. Taking the skis out will cost a minimum of 20 gallons of gas (10 gallons of 93 octane per ski fo go roughkyn50 miles), plus there’s the towing. Still I’m going to float the waverunneridea to my wife first and won’t discuss kayaking unless she does.

If I was a pro athelete, like a track star, and marijuana use was not prohibited I would not smoke any myself but would advocate that all of my competitors do (he’ll if I could afford it I would pass out joints before and after my races to all of my competitors that wanted them) because it’s a downer not an upper.

I was thinking the same thing. Have em smoke it up good the night before and right before meet :) Should be an easier race.

I agreed to go kayaking with my wife last summer..borrowed a neighbors kayak.

I knew I would hate it, but it was even worse than expected ..?

Last edited:
Back