• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

My wife is addicted to Food Network...

WickedPorter

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like to spend a lot of time on the boat... even when weather is bad (covered slip), I'll still go hang out at the marina and sit in the boat, listen to music, read, socialize with slip neighbors, hang out at the marina bar, surf the web, etc.

My wife loves the boat too, but sometimes loves Food Network a little bit more. She can't get enough Food Network. Food Network is her thing, her hobby, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

I love my wife, and I love being a lake/marina rat. How do I bring the two together?

This little GEM:
image.jpg

It plugs in to my first-gen Dish Hopper DVR (new ones have it built in).

She uses her iPad with the Dish Anywhere App and plugs in a line out to the AUX in port for the stereo. Satellite TV on the boat, audio through the speakers. We use the Marina Wi-Fi, or LTE on our phones if we're out on the lake. 15ft cables allows her to place the iPad anywhere on the boat. USB power (from a 12V adapter plugged in to the cigarette lighter outlet) keeps the iPad charged.

Problem solved. Life is good. :D

FYI: It works really well for the U.S. Open tournament and World Cup Soccer as well. heehee.

LOL! Some of us wish our wives had a hobby like that !! Sorry baby, you know there's no tv onboard so we will see you later! Boys day on the water!! Woot!!

LOL! Some of us wish our wives had a hobby like that !! Sorry baby, you know there's no tv onboard so we will see you later! Boys day on the water!! Woot!!

Hmm, that's a good point.
WHAT HAVE I DONE??? :wideyed:

She's needs her me time at home quite a bit so I should be OK... I'll keep this thread updated, it may turn in to a support/self-help thread for me. ;)

We have a rule....no electronics use on the boat....

I hate to be dumb. But I have read this about 6 times and I don't get it.

What is it?

I see the pic, and I know it is supposed to be neat, but does it have a name? What does it do?

I hate to be dumb. But I have read this about 6 times and I don't get it.

What is it?

I see the pic, and I know it is supposed to be neat, but does it have a name? What does it do?

That's a Sling adaptor for his Hopper set-up.
From Sling:
Permits Dish Network VIP 722 to be a Sling Receiver
  • Watch live or recorded shows in High Definition on your computer's browser or mobile device anywhere you can connect to the Internet.
  • Just plug the Sling Adapter into a ViP 722 or ViP 722k HD DuoDVR that's connected to high-speed Internet service.
  • Connect your ViP 722 or 722k HD DuoDVR to high-speed Internet Service.

I have a Sling Box that does essentially the same thing without the need for anything else. You can use it to watch anything you would be watching on your home TV - cable, satellite, regular antenna, etc.
I can watch anything, anywhere I can get a signal, on my phone, iPad, computer.

I first got it when my daughter went away to school. She can log in and watch home town sports or anything she wants without the need for TV service at her location.

Me thinks thou dost denieth the electronics too much Julian. So no digital music, no stereo use, no ECMs in the engines?? Those all sound quite electronical to me!! ;)

I can respect that... but at a minimum, I want some music and my camera (both hobbies.)

No electronics would certainly not fly with my regular passengers, especially my selfie and social network-addicted friends, my Foodie wife, etc.

I work from home, which means I can work from anywhere. I have done something very similar in the past, involving the Comcast Xfinity app and watching CNBC. Managed to work remotely at least twice a week using that method. I generally don't want TV on my boat either, until and unless is adds to the number of outings, in which case, bring it on!

I can respect that... but at a minimum, I want some music and my camera (both hobbies.)

No electronics would certainly not fly with my regular passengers, especially my selfie and social network-addicted friends, my Foodie wife, etc.

I guess I should have qualified that more....Phones (for pics and the occasional call), Cameras, tunes etc.....all for adding to the boating experience....are fair game.

Watching TV, playing games on IPADs etc....you can do that at home....

And this is really meant for the kids....not the adults. If an adult wants to sit on a boat all day watching TV.....go for it....but I'd rather watch the scenery and listen to tunes than watch TV. But I guess as somepoint there is a line to cross....living on an open bow boat....hummmm

that's a great idea, can do the same thing through my DirectTV app

How you enjoying having the boat in the slip this year? I would love to be able to have the boat down there, would make it so much easier to boat during the week!!

I am sort of concerned about the security at our Marina though, do you pull all of your stuff out every time you leave? I'm thinking hauling coolers/wakeboards/etc would start to be a pain when I have to make 4 or 5 trips each way from that parking lot

that's a great idea, can do the same thing through my DirectTV app

How you enjoying having the boat in the slip this year? I would love to be able to have the boat down there, would make it so much easier to boat during the week!!

I am sort of concerned about the security at our Marina though, do you pull all of your stuff out every time you leave? I'm thinking hauling coolers/wakeboards/etc would start to be a pain when I have to make 4 or 5 trips each way from that parking lot

Loving it so far, I think we've used the boat more this year than we did all last year combined ... we get out probably 2-3 times per week.

As far as security... they're in the process of removing the key-coded entry gates (the code of which anyone in a 50 mile radius probably knows) and installing card readers, which should button it up a little more. I don't keep any valuable items on the boat and have yet to invest in any expensive water sports gear. I do have a dock box that I keep pad-locked, and also pad-lock my lift controls for protection against little hooligan attacks (i.e. me 20 years ago). We've yet to have any "two trips to the car" moments, but even if we did each dock has it's own entry point right up to the parking lot, so it's not that bad of a walk...

Back