• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need a rack for a AR195

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Looking for a wakeboard rack / surf rack, what do you guys recommend. :D

If you can't tell I'm a little excited as I have asked this question in a few spots!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Lol, picking up a AR195 on Saturday! My current picture is correct for now as well as my profile. I don't want to make any rash changes on here until it happens. :D

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Definitely spend the extra for a rack that swivels. I didn't on my 232 and it was always an awkward reach-while standing on the seats-then can't get the bungee on it.

Also, with a swivel, you can swing them in while towing. I always had this nasty thought of getting clipped by a semi with mine hanging out there.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For sure spend the extra money and get a good one that swivels, especially if you tie up to other boats with towers.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Lol, picking up a AR195 on Saturday! My current picture is correct for now as well as my profile. I don't want to make any rash changes on here until it happens. :D
When installing the Yamaha rack do you recommend putting clear 3M product under it to keep it from scratching the tower where it clamps around the tower?

TOGA

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use Monster tower racks that swivel. Love them. Mine are on a monster tower, so you need to verify tube size to ensure compatibility.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You usually have to place a rubber gasket under the tower clamp so don't worry about scratching the tower. That and ensure where you put it and don't move it...That way if it does scratch under the tower, it's not a big deal.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You usually have to place a rubber gasket under the tower clamp so don't worry about scratching the tower. That and ensure where you put it and don't move it...That way if it does scratch under the tower, it's not a big deal.
Thanks, maybe I need to open the box!

David Heon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just purchased the OEM Yamaha Deluxe Swivel rack, but it arrived with no instructions. It’s pretty self-explanatory for the most part, but there are 2 set screws provided and I only see one potential threaded slot. Anyone installed one of these that can comment or post instructions? Thanks in advance!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
6AC63A49-44F5-422D-BEC3-70585321ABB2.jpeg
I just purchased the OEM Yamaha Deluxe Swivel rack, but it arrived with no instructions. It’s pretty self-explanatory for the most part, but there are 2 set screws provided and I only see one potential threaded slot. Anyone installed one of these that can comment or post instructions? Thanks in advance!
I did not use the set screw and mine has not moved.

David Heon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, thanks for the quick response! Did yours come with instructions? On mine, there appears to be some wiggle in the piece that attaches to the tower unless I install one of the set screws. No idea where the other screw goes, but it makes me nervous that it may have issues over time. Were you able to tighten the large bolt that holds the the post sleve in place (see pic)?

Attachments

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Did you get a rubber sleeve that goes under the clamp that attaches to your tower? Keep in mind I attached my clamp to the tower and remove the one big bolt every time I use it as I need to remove it to fit in my garage. I put the clamp on tested it to make sure I liked the location, then backed the 4 bolts out and put loctite on them.

David Heon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, I have the rubber sleeve. I just heard back from Yamaha and it turns out that the set screws are used together (in the same slot) to prevent the main coupler from loosening over time. I’ve attached the instructions here to help others who may be looking for the same info.

Attachments

Bluffton

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have SBT-RMRPT-BK-14 and can't figure out how it works or if I have a faulty rack. The part that attaches to the rack doesn't stay fixed. I put both set screws into the hole but I can't understand how to get it to remain in place. I'm afraid to mount it as it easily rotates. The 3/8 bolt doesn't readily tighten or loosen. I'd appreciate any advice or ideas! Thanks!

1.JPG
2.JPG

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I think you need to rotate it, that should fit in tight, once it fits in tight the 3/8’s bolt should hold it.

Bluffton

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Is there another piece that should be included? Other than the set screws? When I push the bracket with the sprocket in, it just spins around, there is nothing for it to grab. I guess I'll buy a Monster rack.