• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Need help-engine runs rough

Fitzy2007

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey,
I am looking for some help. I have a 2007 SX210. I had the dealer service it this spring (oil and filter change). The engines ran a little rough early because of the engine fog (I think). Both engines start right up and idle fine. The right engine tops out at about 6,500 rpm. The left engine tops out at about 8,000 rpm. Could this be a fuel filter or spark plugs? How hard are these to change?

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Most likely the spark plugs. They are pretty simple to change.

I believe there is even a pdf guide that makes it almost foolproof. @txav8r or @Bruce Do you know where that guide is on the forum? I couldn't find it.

I have the link at home, and will be there in an hour or so. Be glad to provide it then.

Cool deal. It was helpful for me.

Somebody eventually gets you the info you are looking for:cool:

Travis,
I tried the link and it appears to no longer work. Is there another place I can download the pdf file on how to change spark plugs?

Sorry- the pdf files were there- Thank You!

Awesome - thanks for posting Mel!

And - I just found the FAQ section. That is INCREDIBLE!!! I kept looking for it under the main topics under the forum threads. But, the FAQ is at the very top of every page.....never saw that before.

Awesome - thanks for posting Mel!

And - I just found the FAQ section. That is INCREDIBLE!!! I kept looking for it under the main topics under the forum threads. But, the FAQ is at the very top of every page.....never saw that before.

See? What'd I tell you?

These guys are a wealth of knowledge. Kind hearted and truly genuine people.

I call folks like that " Kitchen People" ......(it's amazing how,even through the Internet, I can feel you guys going...WTF)

Kitchen People are those who you will gravitate towards the kitchen at any party or event at your home. Offering to help or just hang out and snag samples. The kitchen is the best room in the house sometimes...if you don't get kicked out:eek:
I'm a Kitchen People when I can get away with it.

All my friends must be Kitchen People.

When we bought this house, we got it because it is like all kitchen. Half wall/bar separates the huge kitchen from the living room. It is all one space.

Love the expression, @Glassman .

I'm tellin' ya! The site is great a true asset to anyone with our type of boats.

Travis,
Thanks for providing the info on how to change spark plugs. The directions were easy to follow and my boat ran like a champ.

Dave

Give no credit to me. Give credit to @txav8r for making the guides and this site for being here.

Very glad to hear no issues and no big deal to change the plugs!

Thanks for the plug @farrelltravis , but I didn't make those guides, they were in play when I arrived at our previous home. Glad we have the participation and membership to continue to help one another!

Last edited:
Back