• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

need help finding trim piece for 04sx230

rick johnston

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
does anyone know where to get the small trim piece that goes over the washer screws in the cockpit of a sx230?
It almost resembles a water bottle cap but not the same size.

I always used www.partspak.com to find such things... They have nice shop drawings and let you find exactly the thingy. Then you can use the part number to shop around, but normally I have found them competitive on the part price, too.

does anyone know where to get the small trim piece that goes over the washer screws in the cockpit of a sx230?
It almost resembles a water bottle cap but not the same size.
Are you referring to the round plastic cap that goes over the screws that attach the drivers and copilots cutouts on either side (on the starboard side the binnacles are installed into the cutout, and there is one cap at the stern part of this piece)? If so, I need one of those too!

Are you referring to the round plastic cap that goes over the screws that attach the drivers and copilots cutouts on either side (on the starboard side the binnacles are installed into the cutout, and there is one cap at the stern part of this piece)? If so, I need one of those too!
"Binnacles" ?
On an '04?

Can you takes a picture?

Busted!!!

Not too many '04 guys around anymore....how soon we forget how lucky '05 and up owners are!

sorry for the poor description, it's not a screw cap, it snaps in place but is about the same size as a water bottle cap.
Julian said it better:
round plastic cap that goes over the screws that attach the drivers and copilots cutouts on either side (on the starboard side the binnacles are installed into the cutout.
thanks for the reply
RJ

I have an 05 and need the same caps. I believe Julian described the right part, but if they are $12.00 ,I think I'll live without it. They're about 13/16 in diameter and remind me of the bottom plastic foot on a kitchen chair leg but they are only about 1/4 inch in height.

Last edited:
Binnacle....throttle/gate controls..same thing....or at least that is what I was taught.....but seems that is perhaps wrong.....
Your terminology is correct. Mr. Glass man was commenting on the 2004 only having one binnacle as they didn't offer dual control until 2005.

Don't think so. It is a small (1" wide or so) thin white plastic cap that fits over the raised washer that holds the large plastic throttle area inset in place. It is (or mine is) very thin and light weight. I had a broken one sitting in my office forever wondering where to get replacement....and of course it has disappeared.

Mine broke off a few years ago and when I looked up the part for $12 each I said "fuggetaboutit!" Been living without them ever since. Bugged me at first, but I don't notice it anymore.

I've often thought about picking up some of these at Lowes, but I always forget because I'm not going just for this and I forget these when I'm shopping for other things :oops:

008236714234lg.jpg

I have yet to buy anything for my boat for only $12.

Your terminology is correct. Mr. Glass man was commenting on the 2004 only having one binnacle as they didn't offer dual control until 2005.
uh, no.....the 2004 models AR and SX have twin throttles. The 2003 SR and I 'think" '04 SR had single throttles. But neither one of those had a binnacle.

A Binnacle, by definition, is: is a waist-high case or stand on the deck of a ship, generally mounted in front of the helmsman, in which navigational instruments are placed for easy and quick reference as well as to protect the delicate instruments. Its traditional purpose was to hold the ship's magnetic compass, mounted in gimbals to keep it level while the ship pitched and rolled. A binnacle may be subdivided into sections and its contents typically include one or more compasses and an oil lamp or other light source. Other devices such as a sand timer for estimating speed may have been stored in the binnacle as well.

Like I had on my ol' sailboat:
Cockpit - Finished.jpg

The white post with the compass atop is the binnacle.

Back