• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 190 FSH owner Texas Gulf Coast

JamesT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hi, To introduce myself, my name is James. I have a 2016 Yamaha 190 FSH Deluxe and we love it. I fish fresh and salt water; my family likes boating. This is my third boat; the last one was totaled by hurricane Ike. This is our first jet boat, it's fun but requiring a learning curve. I spent several hours going through the modifications needed to get my boat into my boat shed that has a 7' garage door, too bad I didn't know about this forum back then. I'm trying to figure out what trolling motor will fit this boat best. It came prewired and drilled (3 holes) for a motorguide W55 or W75 by the dealer. They installed one battery holder in the front with a standard 2 pin plug. I can tell that this boat is going to be a challenge to fit with a trolling motor due to the bow design. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new boat!

Reagrding your trolling motor question, I suggest you start a new thread with a title that has your question in it, like "Need Trolling motor advice for 190 FSH", that way people will see what you need, and post it in the general section or the FSH section.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board, where on the coast do you live?

Be sure to check out our FAQ tab for lot's of great info about jets

JamesT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board, where on the coast do you live?

Be sure to check out our FAQ tab for lot's of great info about jets
Hi Scott, I live in Friendswood, Texas. Close access to Trinity bay, Galveston bay and lake Conroe. '

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @JamesT and congrats on the new boat. Glad that you found us l, I'm sure some of our fsh owners will chime in shortly with advice on the trolling motor. Make sure to take pics of the install and post it up on the site. There's bound to be other guys in the future that would love to learn from your experience.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome, @JamesT . My brother lives in Friendswood. We are up in The Woodlands and can frequently be found on Lake Conroe.

(oh, don't fish much, so I have no good answers for you on your original question--sorry about that)

Great to have another boater in the area!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard. Congrats on the new ride.