• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

new 2016 SX192 owner!

DattoMike

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Hey everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself! I grew up around boats (my dad had a 16' Four Winns, a 25' Formula and now a 21' Regal), I owned a 27' Sea Ray Sundancer with some friends a few years back and now that I'm 32 with two kids, I figured it was time for my own. She's going in the water on 5/4 and I wanted to see if anyone has any tips on accessories I'll regret not getting. What I've done:

- Checked the trailer connection to the car and got necessary adaptor
- Purchased 3 extra lines (boat comes with 3, but those will stay at the slip)
- Purchased a spotlight
- comes with a fire extinguisher, life vests, anchor

what am I forgetting?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Do you have all the necessary safety equipment? Lifevests, flares, throwable cushion? I also always have a took kit on the boat.

Then of course there is a long list of the fun stuff: tubes, noodles, ropes, coolers, squirt guns, wake boards, skis, surf boards, stand up paddle boards, etc etc

Welcome to the forum @DattoMike

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard and Congrats!

Julian had some good suggestions. The throwable cushion (Type IV PFD) is a requirement in most states.

@octavio3311, it is hard to disagree with your deleted comment!!!

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hahaha! I deleted it cause I didn't want to sound like a wise-ass. But since you called me out - and I was serious in the first place - I'll reply with my original reply.

what am I forgetting?
BEER!!! :thumbsup:

DattoMike

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Speaking of beer, what size cooler should I get? As far as safety equipment, The dealer is providing the full coast guard kit including a throwable, flares, vests, fire extinguisher, etc.

Higgy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Welcome! When I bought my boat it came with no accessories and I thought the purchasing would never end just to feel prepared enough to launch for the first time. I wasn't prepared for the expense of it all... sounds like your dealer gave you a head start. Besides lots of beer and sunscreen... couple things no one has mentioned.. fenders, boat hook (comes in handy!), skier down flag, first aid kit, keep some interior cleaning supplies on board for your beautiful new boat. The VERY FIRST TIME I launched my new boat... I was putting the bimini up for some shade and my forearm found a nice sharp burr on one of the bimini poles, sliced my forearm pretty good. After I got the bimini up I turned around and there was blood all over my shiny new boat. I MEAN ALL OVER THE PLACE. It was on the seats, the windshield, the carpet.. everywhere! It was unreal... and gross. Thankfully I had a first aid kit and my girlfriend had brought some clorox wipes. Luckily we were prepared. So don't cheap out now! Keep on spendin that money! It'll all be worth it!

Top Bottom