• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 242 Limited S E in Va.

Bulldog46

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Finally ditched my desire to own the 242XE. The boat had to many issues during the sea trial, so we decided on the 242 Limites SE. I have put 6 hrs on her since I took possession and absolutely love the boat. Couple small things that need addressing at the 10 hr service but nothing major. The boat is amazing inside and out. I have received numerous compliments on the look. I've already put plenty of upgrades on her thus far. Expensive but fun. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Attachments

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice looking boat @Bulldog46

I like those matte black wake board racks! All I ever see are the stainless steel ones. Where did you get yours from?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats...it's a great boat!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Congratulations on a beautiful boat!!:Welcome:

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats and welcome aboard!
Where are you in VA & where to you boat primarily?
We're Fredericksburg and primarily hit Lake Anna, Potomac and Annapolis/Severn River (a few times a year).

My dealer has had my boat ('16, 242X) or 10 days now (for a total of over 20+) and I still don't have working ballast, GPS speed control and it takes on water.
My experience to date, confirms your decision not to buy an X.

My dealer is:
Fredericksburg Motor Sports (FMS)
430 Kings Hwy
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
Phone: 540-899-9100

Last edited:

deancastor

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome boat! Keep us up to date on your adventures! Congrats!

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Welcome!!! Nice looking boat. I'm in the Williamsburg VA area and there are a few Yamahas around here. Enjoy it!

Bulldog46

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bulldog46

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We're Fredericksburg and primarily hit Lake Anna, Potomac and Annapolis/Severn River (a few times a year).

My dealer has had my boat ('16, 242X) or 10 days now (for a total of over 20+) and I still don't have working ballast, GPS speed control and it takes on water.

My dealer is:
430 Kings Hwy
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
Glen. Sorry to hear about that. I went on the sea trial of the 242X and we couldn't get the ballast bags to fill. Also had another coms problem. They worked on it for a week or so and still had no resolution. They said it was some sort of controller problem that talks to the pump. Unfortunately the part was on back order and I'd have to wait until Sep or Oct for it to be repaired. We tore up the contract and I negotiated for the Limites S. I was just amazed about how Yamaha could put out such a flawed product. Seems like everyone is having the issue. I hope they get it fixed soon brother. Fingers crossed.

Bulldog46

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

My dealer is:
430 Kings Hwy
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
Glen. I'm in Williamsburg. I live 5 minutes from the launch on the Chickshominy river, which is fresh water. I have two young girls, so we usually putz around there, tubing. I tried wake boarding yesterday. She pulled like a champ. Now that I have my "feel in control speed", I'll set up my rider profile , to make it easy for the wife. If you're ever down this way, PM me.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Very cool.
My godson is stationed in VA Bch (Navy) so been wanting to head that way with the boat one wknd to explore with him.
Will let you know.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Bulldog46, you just like the dog, have the mentality, or former Marine? (or 'D', all of the above ;-)

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am thinking of upgrading to a 24'. I like the idea of the X series having the built in ballast, not sure how much I would use it, depends if my daughter gets into wake surfing, we haven't tried yet.

What do you think are the downsides of going limited vs E-Series, just the ballast?

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@Bulldog46 Let me know when you are going to put her on the water. That is where I put mine must of the time. It's within 10 miles from my house

Bulldog46

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am thinking of upgrading to a 24'. I like the idea of the X series having the built in ballast, not sure how much I would use it, depends if my daughter gets into wake surfing, we haven't tried yet.

What do you think are the downsides of going limited vs E-Series, just the ballast?
Michael, I just about closed on the 242 XE prior to getting the limited S E series. Unfortunately, there was all sorts of problems with the ballast electronics, which couldn't be repaired quickly. I didn't want the headache, so we settled on the Limited SE. Love the E series Bimini. Provides plenty of shade for my girls. The limited E series does not have ballast tanks. Only the XE but I'm not sure how much I would have used them. I have talked to lots of 242 XE owners and most of them have ballast issues. Buyer beware. You'd love the Limited S E though.

Bulldog46

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Bulldog46 Let me know when you are going to put her on the water. That is where I put mine must of the time. It's within 10 miles from my house
JR. I plan to go out this Labor Day weekend. My girls get back from Florida on Saturday. Rain in the forecast Sunday, so Monday may be the best day for me. I'll let you know for sure.