• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 242

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just ordered a 2016 Black 242 Limited SE to be picked up on Friday. Getting out of a 1987 21' Four Winns Horizon 210. Cant wait to experience the difference!!!! Anybody with tips for a newbie jetboater, please feel free!!!!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tip: Hold On!!! Congrats and welcome!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard, that is quite an upgrade!!!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard! Can't wait to see some pics!

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
- Temptation is to use too much thrust, particularly when docking & slow speed maneuvering.
Slow is Pro. Slow is Pro!
I've added fins to assist and add/enhance rudder action.

-Learn impeller clear out and seating of plugs

-Learn fresh water hose flush procedure.

-Learn fogging procedure for storage.

All easy but specific to Yamaha.

You will have no regrets!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Learn fogging procedure for storage
STORAGE??!!? - What's that? I think we used the boat every month but January!
(sorry - had to):smuggrin:

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @captras and congrats on the new boat.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@captras glad to have you on board, update your profile with your location,

Devildog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow....what an awesome upgrade. You are going to love your new Yamaha. Man, there are so many tips and you can use this site to help guide you through. Just type any topics in the search function. I have had a few simple questions and the members in this forum are just fantastic....even with the stupid questions that I ask :).

Much like you, I joined the Yamaha jet family this year as well. The boat is a total blast to drive. You have incredible control at low speeds. And of course the acceleration. Make sure that everything is secure (including your passengers) when you put those throttles forward. You have the Mac-daddy version, so you'll probably enjoy it even more. The spinning on a dime is always a crowd pleaser. Had to use it last weekend when setting the anchor and even my amateur guests were blown away.

Congrats again and welcome to the site!!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wow....what an awesome upgrade. You are going to love your new Yamaha. Man, there are so many tips and you can use this site to help guide you through. Just type any topics in the search function. I have had a few simple questions and the members in this forum are just fantastic....even with the stupid questions that I ask :).

Much like you, I joined the Yamaha jet family this year as well. The boat is a total blast to drive. You have incredible control at low speeds. And of course the acceleration. Make sure that everything is secure (including your passengers) when you put those throttles forward. You have the Mac-daddy version, so you'll probably enjoy it even more. The spinning on a dime is always a crowd pleaser. Had to use it last weekend when setting the anchor and even my amateur guests were blown away.

Congrats again and welcome to the site!!
Thanks for the reply......I plan on using all the knowledge on here when I have a question/issue!

Dhow

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow congrats and welcome Get yourself some practice time before you load up the boat with all your new friends. I know somebody that is not going to get much sleep to nite have fun be safe

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just ordered a 2016 Black 242 Limited SE to be picked up on Friday. Getting out of a 1987 21' Four Winns Horizon 210. Cant wait to experience the difference!!!! Anybody with tips for a newbie jetboater, please feel free!!!!
:Welcome::winkingthumbsup" Always nice to have new members! Prepare yourself for all the fun you'll soon be having! Also...a word of caution on this site...."STAY AWAY FROM THE MODS SECTION ON HERE & THE WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TODAY"...man I love this forum...the wife hates the money I've spent :arghh:

Flower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome.
First order of business - purchase Cobra AK series jet steering with the new fangs! Talk with Jeff at Cobra Jet Steering.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome.
First order of business - purchase Cobra AK series jet steering with the new fangs! Talk with Jeff at Cobra Jet Steering.
These were the first purchase on my new 242-

Mitigates most all jet maneuvering limitations, adds control & allows nearly anyone to take the helm, safely-

clint6760

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can't wait to see it. Quite an upgrade.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
AK's w/ Fangs, on 242X-
Very happy w/ them!

Attachments

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Glen - how much of difference do you see at low speed? at high speed?

Is it a different feedback or just a better "grip" when turning...sorry. I'm really on the fence on this mod. Everyone ravs about them, but I drive just fine without them.