• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 25 foot draft

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like the draft of the new hull is 19 inches ..My 2019 AR 240 is 16 1/4 i believe ... im not sure im happy with this , yes , i know it will improve the ride in rough stuff , but i push the limits of where i can go as far as water depth right now ...another 2 3/4 inches might not work for me ....any thoughts

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
More weight = more draft. With the larger hull and larger fuel load it is going to sit deeper in the water. No way around it.

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
More weight = more draft. With the larger hull and larger fuel load it is going to sit deeper in the water. No way around it.
Is it the redesign of the hull that makes it a deeper V or the extra fuel and extra 6 inches

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it the redesign of the hull that makes it a deeper V or the extra fuel and extra 6 inches
The gunwale is I believe 3-1/2" taller plus larger fuel tank & fuel load plus the extra length of the overall boat all add up when your looking at weight

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It should cut through the waves much better with the greater weight and more draft. It's a design compromise. Does mean more draft.

nesnah2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's still going to be better than a same sized boat with an outboard or I/O, so I wouldn't sweat it.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So let me rephrase my question ...so is it also a deeper V designed hull or is the extra 400ish lbs of dry weight and the extra 126 lbs of the bigger 20 gals of fuel in the tank that makes it sit 2 3/4 inches lower in the water ..the Yamaha website sucks for any new hull info

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You shouldn't be in less than 3' of water regardless of boat.

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Been doing it for 13 years , never had a issue , i know the area where i boat like the back of my hand, when im on plane 2 feet is plenty , i zip by while outboards are trimmed up and spewing muck into the air

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's not about the boat hitting something but rather putting debris inside the engine. Your boat so do as you wish.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So let me rephrase my question ...so is it also a deeper V designed hull or is the extra 400ish lbs of dry weight and the extra 126 lbs of the bigger 20 gals of fuel in the tank that makes it sit 2 3/4 inches lower in the water ..the Yamaha website sucks for any new hull info
My guess would be the weight. I doubt that they redesigned to make it sit deeper in the water

jetivan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I imagine that Yamaha recommends this for boats that are not on a plane since that puts the intakes even closer to the bottom. There's probably a healthy margin of safety when on a plane and at 3 feet of depth. Obviously the problem could happen when you slow down and then need to get back on a plane.

JB Nonamé

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I would be ok with the extra draft to get the extra fuel and range. Just saying...

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Love it, just wish we could get some heights on the trailer. Pictures showing the tower folded, yeah I know I’m really asking for a lot.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
but i push the limits of where i can go as far as water depth right now ...another 2 3/4 inches might not work for me ....any thoughts
Just a reminder that the jet intakes are like vacuum cleaners - you shouldn't boat in less than 3 feet of water or risk sucking up debris. Lots of stories of people getting within 12 inches of the bottom and sucking up sand and rocks, and damaging the jetpump impellers and liners. Yamaha specifically states not to operate the engines in less than 3 feet. The default depth setting of the depth alarm is 2.8 feet for a reason.

When we launch the boat, we always walk it out to the end of the dock to get into 5+ feet to make sure we don't suck anything up. Even weeds wrapped around an impeller shaft will throw off the balance and produce a vibration. Last weekend the winds were from the south and pushed a lot of floating weeds into the ramp area. Usually the impellers will chew it up no problem, but at idle during warm up a 4 foot long weed wrapped around my port impeller shaft. It sounded wrong when I went to accelerate, took a peek in the cleanout plug and had to pull it out. No issue after that...but it was the first time we sucked up anything that caused an issue...the cleanout plugs made it an easy fix.

PS - draft is the same for 2020 212s = 19". The boats are bigger and heavier than previous model years. The 212 gained 150lbs and 1" more beam from the model year change 2018-2019. Deadrise remains the same at 20 degrees. The 2020 242se has a 20" draft.

Last edited:

m3morgs

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Check the website now. Already there.
Love it, just wish we could get some heights on the trailer. Pictures showing the tower folded, yeah I know I’m really asking for a lot.