• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

new ballast bags / success and frustration

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My new ballast bags arrived from wakemakers. I spoke with Spencer when ordering and told him my boat and what I wanted to do. 2 400# bags for each rear side, 1 750# bag for the ski locker and a portable pump.

The bags worked great, my older daughter said she could really feel a difference and instead of loosing the wave 4 feet behind the boat can now go about 6-7 feet before washing out. It also gave enough feel that my younger daughter also went ropeless for the first time and being so small she was probably 10 feet off the back before she would loose the the push.

the frustration is the ballast pump they sent me only had a 9 ft hose which is about 2 ft short of being able to put the sack in the ski locker. I called wakemakers and they said I could just go buy a longer one at the hardware store, he was very specific to say to get 1 1/8 inch hose. I didn't anticipate this being a big deal.

I went to local Home depot and lowes and they only had 1 or 1 1/4, I looked on Mcmaster carr but quickly got overwhelmed by the numerous choices and types of hoses that I have no idea about their composition.

Any suggestions on where I could pick up a hose that size that would work or a generic alternative ?

Use the 1" hose, just heat it up with a heat gun before you try and slip it over the end fittings, it will stretch no problem.

Back