• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Boat Owner

• Thread starter No_Longer_Active_User
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

No_Longer_Active_User

:shy: Hello All.....

Just bought my 17' 2001 Sugar Sand Tango about a month ago and was happy to find this site for sure!

We have previously owned two jet skis over the past three years but never an actual Boat....so we are now 'sailing into NEW Territory'... a little scary but very exciting too!

Any suggestions from all you SEASONED BOATERS will be greatly appreciated.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
  • :Welcome:good to see another Sugar Sand, we seem to be few and far between. Which engine does yours have? You're gonna enjoy it, the Tango's are very quick and agile.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome aboard @No_Longer_Active_User ! @farrelltravis used to have a Sugar Sand and always refers to it fondly. You will find this forum to be extremely knowledgable about jet boats in particular, and boating in general. If you have never boated before, there are a few differences between skis and boats, but in general, it is just a bigger operation. You can get so much more onboard to take with you! One think you will find, is that we are picture happy, so post em up! Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new to you, boat!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@No_Longer_Active_User Welcome! Lots of great info on the board, and even more helpful people willing to weigh in with their expertise! Be sure to browse through the FAQ and see if there are threads in there that might answer any questions you have....or just post up a question (we aren't picky about things that have already been asked!)

If you add your city to your location, you might even be able to meet up with others in your area when they are out. I've made lifelong friends via this group of folks!

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @No_Longer_Active_User ! Great to have you here! :Welcome::winkingthumbsup"

Any questions, just ask! Add your location to your profile and it just shows up on the map so you can see local members to you! (no one knows how that happens, it just does....)

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi Laura. Welcome aboard.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @@No_Longer_Active_User !
We are HAPPY you are here. Please sit back, consume a cold one, enjoy yoursef, and always tell us about your boating adventures (and problems/concerns).
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
+             CartoonWelcomeAboard.jpg

Last edited:
N

No_Longer_Active_User

• :Welcome:good to see another Sugar Sand, we seem to be few and far between. Which engine does yours have? You're gonna enjoy it, the Tango's are very quick and agile.
I have the Mercury 175 engine.....the speedometer goes up to 60 mph but the owner told me it will only do about 45 mph.... That's fine with me though, I want to take it to the sandbars and my 15 yr old son likes to go tubing with his friends and we also want to fish off of it. I get mixed reviews when I say 'fishing'...... I know it's technically not a fishing boat but who cares...... I see guys fishing off Kayaks!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @No_Longer_Active_User , glad tohave you here!!!! If it floats, it has a seat, you can fit a tackle box and fishing pole on it.... It's a fishing boat!!! LOL, your fishing boat just happens to double as a fast, fun family fishing boat...:Welcome: :winkingthumbsup"

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Pretty Boat !!!!
Glad you're here !

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The SST is a nice rig. Congratulations on the purchase, and WELCOME.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @No_Longer_Active_User glad to have you. I'd love to see pics of your boat if you have any.

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Glad you made it!
Welcome.jpg

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! I used to have a 2004 Sugar Sand Tango with the 4+2 seating configuration. I did love that boat. It was pretty much bullet proof. Mine had the 215 Mercury jet drive.

If there is anything I might be able to help with, just let me know.

Welcome aboard! If you haven't found it already, there is subforum on this forum for Sugar Sand.