• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New boat questions?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Due to weather and work I still haven’t been out on the boat but have played a little with the connects menu in the yard. First question. Can I see how much fuel I have without cranking the boat. 2nd question is the manual talks about navigation. do I have that on a AR240 or is that for the nicer boats?

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2016 Limited SE and have not found a way to directly check the fuel level without cranking. However, I do believe that if you select the "Trip" (not positive because I am not near the boat to confirm that selection) option it will show you number of gallons used by each engine since the last time it was reset. I reset at each refuel. This will at least give you an idea of fuel levels.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can see what the dealer used when he tested the boat. They were suppose to fill up that boat but can’t confirm bc I haven’t found the gauge yet. 1.3 hrs 16 gallons used.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I still haven’t even pulled the cover completely off. I get surprised every time I pull the cover back (Which is twice)😢

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I fill up it always takes 4 or 5 more gallons then it said I used. I don’t go less than 10 gallons remaining before filling up.

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I too reset the fuel gallons meter for each engine. It’s my understanding that the computers calculation of fuel burn is dead accurate - or at least much better than the actual fuel tank level (as it changes depending upon whether you are planing and so forth)

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you just crank it for a split second you can see fuel level. That's one of my annoyances too.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. If the weather app is correct my wife and I are gonna take our boat out for the first time Tuesday. 🤞

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I fill up it always takes 4 or 5 more gallons then it said I used. I don’t go less than 10 gallons remaining before filling up.
That's interesting, I don't think we have heard that before - usually the gallons used is spot on while the gauge shows few gallons more while the boat is on plane (and starts beeping with low fuel alarm when you come off of plane.

Is there anything special about the way you drive? Like lots of idling or trolling or only WOT etc.

--

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I. Hate. That. Not being able to see fuel without cranking. I'd even take an analog gauge.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's interesting, I don't think we have heard that before - usually the gallons used is spot on while the gauge shows few gallons more while the boat is on plane (and starts beeping with low fuel alarm when you come off of plane.

Is there anything special about the way you drive? Like lots of idling or trolling or only WOT etc.

--
I usually cruise between 5500& 6000 rpm and top no wake mode while putting and having a cigar. I’ve never been less than 4 gallons more than the connext tells me I’ve used.