• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New (excellent !) BOATEST.com review of 2015 Yamaha AR240 HO !

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If you paste THIS web address into your browser, there are informative tables and data also provided.
//www.boattest.com/boats/boat_video.aspx?ID=3238
==> To get this to post here, I had to delete the following from the above address. Please add this back into the above address preceeding the data shown: http:

Otherwise, here is the informative VIDEO (6 + mins). VERY well done.

Wishing everyone a great week ! Stay safe & warm - Better (boating) weather's acomin'.

Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will own this boat one day....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Really like that storage area on the swim deck...really nice!!

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
They dont talk about slow speed handling or docking. Love the 16 inch draft and I take advantage of that running up the skinny rivers here on my 212

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is good info on boattest.com, but be aware they do not really do balanced, objective reviews. They rarely give anything other than the gentlest criticism amongst a sea of glowing praise - for every boat they review.

Their business model is essentially all "advertorial" all the time.

Again, they do some good work (time to plane, fuel mileage, optimum cruisng measurements and tables come to mind), but take their reviews with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ditto...this or one based on this....hard time parting with my current boat as it is 1)paid for, and 2) still cruising nicely!
Every time I see a review of the new 240s two things happen: 1. I want one even more. 2. My wife cringe's.

Having only recently paid off my 2010 242 ls and almost having completed all the mods I want it's really hard, almost impossible, for me to justify the upgrade cost to a new boat. We could really use better seats (captains chairs), I love the hinged seats and am still very impressed with the sound reduction results though.

@GTBRMC is correct though I've never heard boat test make a harsh comment about any boat it's reviewed. In the 240 review the only "negative" they said about it was something like, "the only downside is the frugal fuel capacity" in other recent reviews the comments were something like "I'd like to see an additional cleat near the anchor locker" or "I wish the walkway were a few inches wider." I still subscribe to their service for one to three months when I'm shopping for a boat but their reviews aren't always very helpful when they are basically all the same so I focus on their performance stats and videos of the boat itself.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
At :48 seconds in the video he mentions a fresh water fill connection located by the clean out plugs. What does this go to?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
At :48 seconds in the video he mentions a fresh water fill connection located by the clean out plugs. What does this go to?
The only time I am aware of this fill connection is in a 242 or 242 Limited S, for the fresh water shower.
It is how you fill up the internal 10 gallon water tank.
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The only time I am aware of this fill connection is in a 242 or 242 Limited S, for the fresh water shower.
It is how you fill up the internal 10 gallon water tank.
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian
That was my thinking as well and why I'm confused by the video. Maybe the 240's come with the fill connection but not the rest of the kit with the fresh shower tank, hose, etc? The fresh water flush connection is located inside the cabin above the cushion correct?