• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New from Cincinnati

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello all. I've had a wave runner for 15 years and as soon as my home purchasing agent authorizes it I will be going for a 24' Yamaha (probably end of the season if I'm lucky). We have 4 small kids so I am heeding the advice I've seen here multiple times to buy my 2nd boat first. Now to figure out if I go new or used, and if new go for a holdover 2014 or go for the 2015. Thank you all for all the info on here, but it is making the itch that much worse.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome aboard @dnicholas47 ! If you found us here, you will definitely feel the itch! Glad to have you on board and good luck on the decision and search! Keep us posted and post up pics when you find her!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Welcome @dnicholas47 I am located a little north of you and keep our boat up at Indian Lake. Where do you plan on doing most of your boating? I bought my 2010 from a guy that primarily used it on the Ohio river.

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I grew up on the river and would prefer to do most boating there, especially since it's 5 minutes from home. The wife isn't so thrilled with that idea, so that's another factor I need to "negotiate":( I've camped at Indian Lake. Really liked it!

brockhals

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Welcome! If you decide to go new, I'd hold out for the 2015s. To many changes to make the price difference worth while

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to the best site on the web! We live just outside of Cincy and would be happy to have you join us for a ride on the river this year. We have 3 kids ages 14, 8, and 2. They all love our boat. This will be our 3rd summer with our boat. The last 2 years we have been putting in on the Licking River in Wilder, but we are looking at keeping the boat at a marina this year to make things a little easier. We try to get out almost every Sunday as long as the weather and the water depth are both in good shape.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard! I don't see how you could lose with any of the 23' or 24' boats. Pick whatever suits you best and you, your family and all of your friends old and new will have a great time on the water.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @dnicholas47 glad that you found us and decided to join. Good luck holding out until after the season!!! This place is the best site for researching your next boat, but our enthusiasm is very contagious. Heck, we're always willing to help spend your money!!! Just remember that the initial purchase is just the start. We can help spend your money on upgrades for many years to come. ;)

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad you're here @dnicholas47 !! You find a better bunch of folks!! :Welcome:

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks everyone. This site is outstanding. Hopefully before long I can take you up on the offer of helping me spend some money...

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome, @dnicholas47, I'm in a similar position as you, a relative newbie here, but a bit ahead perhaps. We've been debating used or new for a few months now, looking at either something low time 2011/2012 or a 2015. Thought I'd throw out what we've found for you to ponder as you look around: huge difference between 2015s and previous version, not many 2013s around it seems, and IMHO the meager discount on 2014s I've seen doesn't make much sense (the improvements seem worth the difference to me). Which is why now we're leaning towards buying something a few years old, getting used to being part of the "jet set" :cool:, and then in a couple of years trading up at the end of the season... But then we may toss out that plan and go with a new one if "management" approves the transaction!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome aboard and glad you found us! You will find we have no problems helping you figure out ways to spend your money! LOL But keep in mind....you'll get great deals on whatever you buy....so you'll really be saving money! :winkingthumbsup"

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome!

I once had 4 small kids as well. They are not so small anymore (oldest is 14, youngest is 7) - and it didn't take very long for them to get that way. You'll be VERY happy you're buying a decent-sized boat. Before you know it they'll want to bring friends along and you'll find yourself at capacity!

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome - With four kids you will want the 24' especially when they want to bring their friends. Sounds like you are ready to get on the water. You may want to reconsider waiting! Get one now and enjoy the upcoming season! New or used you will enjoy your time and make many memories for you and your children!