• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Genuine BRP Maintenance Free Supercharger

Lowstar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Does this include BRP engine/sc across all boat manufacturers, ie. Scarab 2017 ?

NJ Chaparral Dealer

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello,
Yes absolutely there is no difference if a BRP engine goes in a chaparral or scarab.
Regards
Cecil Marine

NJ Chaparral Dealer

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello,
Engine manufacturers use letter designation as models not years.
So you may have a 2017 boat but your engine model will be either AB, AF or AG depending on when it was manufactured.
You will need to look at the label affixed to the engine to find that info.

Regards
joe

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Kyle Mekulik

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I can’t replace my supercharger in my 2015 250HP with one of these instead of getting another rebuild?

FreshSalt09

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
I’m guessing if mine says AFB, I’m good?

FreshSalt09

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Yes, correct AFB can use the maintenance-free supercharger.
Let me rephrase my post, did Rotax build any engines with the maintenance free supercharger?

If my engine was manufactured in April of 2017, does it already have the maintenance free supercharger?

Trying to get my maintenance schedule/cost drilled down on my new-to-me boat.

Thanks,
-FS

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length

Steve Risley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Same question as Kyle above. I have a 2015 250HP. Actually had mine serviced (rebuilt) at 100 hours (did not know it changed to 200hrs.). I assume I'm good for another 200hrs., but do I have to have it rebuilt or can it be replaced with the Maintenance Free Supercharger?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Same question as Kyle above. I have a 2015 250HP. Actually had mine serviced (rebuilt) at 100 hours (did not know it changed to 200hrs.). I assume I'm good for another 200hrs., but do I have to have it rebuilt or can it be replaced with the Maintenance Free Supercharger?
I believe it can be replaced but it's expensive. Can't recall where I saw that to back up my statement. Sorry.

Reno Rob

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I have a new to me 2017 Scarab HO with an engine serial number of #09955530. It has 27 hours on it at this point (yes, I feel I got lucky finding it). It was manufactured in July of 2017. I am trying to determine if it is a maintenance free supercharger or not. I am not sure exactly where the "cap collar nut" listed above is located. I was hoping the serial number would help, but I cannot find a site to look that up. And if it is "maintenance free", is that truly maintenance free? Call me a skeptic, but I don't know of anything that could be considered maintenance free when it is spinning at 50,000 RPM to push air.

Reno Rob

FreshSalt09

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
I have a new to me 2017 Scarab HO with an engine serial number of #09955530. It has 27 hours on it at this point (yes, I feel I got lucky finding it). It was manufactured in July of 2017. I am trying to determine if it is a maintenance free supercharger or not. I am not sure exactly where the "cap collar nut" listed above is located. I was hoping the serial number would help, but I cannot find a site to look that up. And if it is "maintenance free", is that truly maintenance free? Call me a skeptic, but I don't know of anything that could be considered maintenance free when it is spinning at 50,000 RPM to push air.

Reno Rob
I'm in the same position as you are but I believe I've located it. If you look at the diagram in the maintenance manual on manual page 40 (pdf page 58), it's located on the end of the turbine. Manual page 45 (pdf page 63) will clarify further. I'll try to remember to check it this weekend. 2020-08-27_15-17-18.jpg2020-08-27_15-18-01.jpg

FreshSalt09

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
I'm in the same position as you are but I believe I've located it. If you look at the diagram in the maintenance manual on manual page 40 (pdf page 58), it's located on the end of the turbine. Manual page 45 (pdf page 63) will clarify further. I'll try to remember to check it this weekend.
I verified my supercharger is the maintenance free by pulling the intake hose off and shoving my phone down in there to take a picture. Boat was manufactured in 2017.
DBCC467B-4C8A-4F86-94C7-C1345258CC5E.jpeg

rayski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I can’t replace my supercharger in my 2015 250HP with one of these instead of getting another rebuild?
Kyle, don't know if you ever got an answer on this, but my dealer told me this week (Jan 2021) that the maintenance free supercharger part # superseded the old part number and can go on the older engines. It's the only supercharger available for our engines.

I have a 2014 AA engine. If you go to http://epc.brp.com/ and look up your model number (not serial number), you can drive down into the parts and see a part number for the supercharger assembly. It is the same part number for the AA, AB, AF, AG, etc.. If you look at the links earlier in this thread, you'll see that the BRP TST from 2018 says AF and newer engines use the maintenance free supercharger. As mentioned earlier in my reply, the parts catalog shows the same part number supercharger for all the engines, even for those of us with early boats.

In my mind that confirms what my dealer told me both in the parts dept and a technician in the shop. I am going to order a new supercharger this week rather than sending mine out for a rebuild. It is priced at about $850, so I figure it pays for itself very quickly. I seem to remember that a rebuild is about $450, so a new supercharger is less than 2 rebuilds and it means I don't have to stand on my head every 2 years to pull the supercharger for rebuild! :thumbsup:

Hope this helps

Last edited:

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Curious what part number you came up with? I think I'm an ABA, I'm seeing 0461943 for my 2015 build Chapp. I'll have to verify from the engine cards later. Crowley is showing that part number to be 799.00. The diagram is not showing the compressor wheel either for that part number.

My rebuild on my 2008 RXP Ski was a little over 500. 00 with my bringing it in to the dealer in 2015. That complete assembly part number is showing as 420881939, with a retail of 1,308.99..

rayski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
0461943 is the part number I found, as well as the part number that was supplied to me by my dealer. I agree that in the parts diagram you cannot see the wheel and that concerns me a little bit. She did quote a weight for the assembly. Maybe I’ll compare that against the weight of my complete assembly that I know includes the wheel.

Because my local dealer is five minutes from my office, I do intend to go in person and ask more questions before ordering. I’ll post any information that I learn.

LuckyFlyinROUSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I'm finding part number 0461943 Cecil is no longer selling them for 475$ anyone found a good price?