• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New guy from NC

Mavelous

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Greetings everyone. Thanks to the wealth of information and guidance on this site, as well as the other to not be named, the family and I purchased a new to us 2006 black AR230 HO, sorry somehow no pics on my phone. She runs like a top, just needs some tlc. We've already put about 15 hrs on her in 3 days on Lake Keowee, beautiful lake. If the wife has her way we'll spend most of our time there as we have quite a few friends there but I'm looking to explore all the lakes in WNC, eastern TN, and SC.
Focused on safety and maintenance items first but mods are slowly beginning, just ordered Cobra Ultimates, ezlocks, and fangs today and I need to mention that Jeff was amazing...outstanding customer service! SS scupper awaiting install. Stolz bow roller put on at the lake last Sunday, spare tire and mount (unfortunately already bought and modded a Yamaha spare tire cover), need to redo the bunkboards. Planning on refreshing the vinyl with SEM, lighting upgrades, working on custom flooring idea, and pondering new graphics/wrap currently naked.

Stack

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome! Congrats on your boat and welcome to the Forum! Post up a pic when you get a chance and don't forget to add your location in your profile. It will automatically add you to the User Map.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats! Around here, if there are no pictures it didn't happen. LOL!

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @Mavelous I am in Wake Forest and primarily boat on Falls Lake and occasionally Kerr. I would love to make it out to the Western lakes some day.

Have fun!

Dhow

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome we all love pics so when you come down from your new buy high you need to post pics!!! I don't think you realize how many new friends you have. Have fun be save

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Mavelous and congrats on the new boat. Sounds like you're doing some nice upgrades. Make sure to take pics along the way. ;)

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Welcome @Mavelous I'm a big fan of Keowee.....one of my favorite spots in South Carolina. Congratulations on the new boat.:Welcome:

Mavelous

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the welcome everyone! Still working on the pic of the boat but to make up for that I'll give everyone a pic of a rear end! Ok admittedly not what everyone was hoping for butt it is the first big upgrade so I figured I'd share. Posted my initial impressions on @swatski Fangs thread in the general forum. My bad can't figure out how to link to it on my phone.

Attachments

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Mavelous and love Keowee , Hartwell and Jocassee.. I lived in Anderson back in the mid to late 90's for 2yrs. I also got my Padi certification on Keowee and did my first deep water dive in Jocassee.. The waters there are awesome! I grew up in WNC (Murphy) and Lake Chatuge, Hiwassee, Fonatana, Glenville and Santeetlah are a must! Head north on 26 and take left 0n 40 and it will take you there .. :) lol Enjoy the boat and hit me up any time you have questions about the lakes in WNC.