• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New guy here from Georgia

Tigerbass

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Hello everyone! I'm doing some research, and saving up some money, on various types of boats and stumbled across your forum.....so I thought I would join up! I'm pretty new to boating and definitely inexperienced with any type of wake boat or jet boat. I do enjoy fishing and have run a bass boat a little bit.

Currently I am researching, and highly interested in, the Yamaha 242x. The family wants to be able to play on Lake Lanier and I know after a few weeks or months of tubing they will be wanting to try wake boarding or wake surfing. Looking forward to learning some things from you guys.

Thanks, Tigerbass

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum! Im in Augusta but plan to make it to Lanier sometime! Great place to ask and learn and do research!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Tigerbass and good luck with you're search for a new boat. You came to the right place ;)

BMF JK

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Welcome aboard ! I joined this forum a few months ago , there is a wealth of knowledge and good people here . I just recently took delivery of a 2016 scarab 195 hoi , coming from a stern drive I'm glad I joined the forum ! Ive learned quite a bit already . Good luck on your search !

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @Tigerbass ...you may already know this but Park Marine over in Port Royale has boats in the water. I've already seen several 242X's on the lake and would like to see another one. They are very nice boats. This forum will be a great resource for you while you research and after your purchase.

Tigerbass

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome @Tigerbass ...you may already know this but Park Marine over in Port Royale has boats in the water. I've already seen several 242X's on the lake and would like to see another one. They are very nice boats. This forum will be a great resource for you while you research and after your purchase.
Yes, we are very close to Port Royale and eat at Pelican Pete's quite often during the warm months. I always stop and look at the couple of Yamahas they have in the water. At first I thought that while I liked the layout of the Yamahas there is no way I would want a boat with two motors (twice the chance of an issue, right)? I'm gradually beginning to change my mind.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Mike T

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Hey @Tigerbass I see you found this forum the same way I did...searching for what type of boat to by. We went with the Chaparral 243 vr. There are a lot of helpful tips here and I'm sure if you go with the 242x you won't be disappointed. Welcome aboard we're on Allatoona most of the time but plan to make it to Lanier this summer...maybe see you there.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome @Tigerbass 242x nice! Going all out from the beginning huh? Lots of good information on this board. Be careful though. I joined with intentions of doing research before buying next year. Well, picked up a new to me 2015 242 limited S a few weeks back after getting the bug from this forum! Oh, and Roll Tide haha!

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome sir! I'm down on Lake Sinclair but I bought my boat at Park Marine, had a good experience, Good Luck!!