• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Hog for John Daly

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interpret that as you may:

tumblr_nsmp8igrrc1qem99po1_1280.png

You see, He posted this of him and his fiancee Anna Cladakis on a Harley-Davidson recently with the caption "luvin' my ride!"

Well, I'm not one to bash another man's ride...BUT, his new girl has a very interesting background..

Outback Steakhouse founder and chairman Chris T. Sullivan has agreed to provide support and benefits worth more than $1.68-million to settle a paternity suit filed by the promotional director for Hooter's restaurants.

Anna Cladakis, 36, who bore Sullivan's out-of-wedlock daughter, Charitsa, last July, had sought support of $11,000 a month. Sullivan, 56, was paying temporary support of $5,000 a month.

The mediated settlement amount of $7,500 a month could amount to $1.57-million by the time the child reaches the age of 18. Full story:
http://www.sptimes.com/2005/02/09/Tampabay/Outback_founder_to_pa.shtml

All I can say is that I hope John has a pre-nup! But who knows, she could be worth more than him!

Oh wait! Maybe not...I just saw this:

Golfer’s 4th wife sues his fiancée over breakup
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2015/05/15/john-daly-ex-wife-mistress-alienation-affection-lawsuit

This is getting better and better. :p

Last edited:

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is Daly's fiancee 36yrs old? She looks older in that pick. Poor John. I think he's just a big easy going partying guy who doesn't know how to grow up.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Me neither, however I don't play golf or drink or hang out at hooters etc so I never meat him nor do I want to and I gave up riding H D full dressers many many years ago, probably why I lived this long, SERIOUSLY! And although I was married for 32 years, I served my sentence paid a hefty fine and I was set free never to return to that prison again. Some people are just slow learners. Good luck to him but I personally would have rather remained oblivious to who he is actually.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Don't judge a book by it's cover. There was a great documentary that was just released by ESPN 30 for 30 called "Hit it Hard". Great insight into the trials and tribulations of Big John. One of the best golf stories ever is Daly entering the PGA Championship as an alternate, no one ever heard of his name before and he won the freakin thing. Then he soon followed that up by winning the British Open which is very hard to do. The sudden rise to success from being a complete nobody was a little much for him to handle. But, it was always fun to watch that dude swing a driver!!!! I think to this day only Daly and Tiger Woods are the 2 golfers to reach the green in 2 at Firestone #16 from the Sunday tees. I've played that course many times and let me tell you it's nearly impossible. I believe on Sunday from tee to green is about 680 yds. Plus you have to carry water to the green.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ride Big John Ride!

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
John Daily tossed me his birdie putt on hole number 2 on course #2 in Pinehurst when I was 9. He's a-ok in my book. (With some issues, ha)

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This thread brings up some memories, and I had to go into a storage closet to drag out some old photos, back when I was a kid and my hair wasn't gray! I met Daly at the 97 Open, where the police provided player security. What a treat. Practice Round 2 (where these photos were taken) I was assigned to the foursome of John Daly, Greg Norman, Dennis Trixler, and Fuzzy Zoeller if I recall correctly. A 7 hour practice round inside the ropes with this crew. Just hilarious, especially Zoeller. The gambling was outrageous among this foursome. Daly was great to be around, and I told him he had to tee off using a water bottle at 10, which he did to the delight of the crowd. (see photo, it was the lead in to ESPN's coverage that evening, him blasting a shot off a water bottle tee). He was so unlike many of the golfers who were simply pricks, who we met over the years when the Kemper, AT& T National (Tiger Woods Tournament) and a subsequent US Open came to Congressional again in 2011. Give me a name and I'll tell you how they behaved. Human, or prick. Daly was a class act, and I remember him asking me "Hey Tom, do you mind if Mr. C. walks inside the ropes with me?" I had no idea who Mr. C. was, other than some very distinguished, older gentleman who looked like he was worth a few million. Of course, I later learned Mr. C. was Ely Callaway, of Callaway golf. When we were taking photos after the round with the golfers (today known as a selfie?) I observed Mr. C. just standing by himself, and nobody wanted a photo with him. His eyes brightened when I asked for one with him. He gave me his address and told me to mail it to him when I got it developed (something you young people have no idea about - you couldn't just print a photo) and he would autograph it. I complied, and of course about 2 weeks later after I had mailed it to him, I was in the shower getting ready to go to work when my wife said "Some guy named Mr. Callaway is on the phone and said he wants to make your golf game better. Did you contact some salesman?" She had no clue. I jumped on that phone. Mr. C. then told me he was sending the photo back with an autograph, and one of his assistants had a few questions for me. Next thing I know, the assistant was asking me how tall I was, what flex I liked, etc etc etc (I didn't golf) and within a week, I had a brand new set of Callaway irons and woods, including the "latest" invention, one of the original "Big Bertha" drivers. What a guy! Just because someone asked him for a photo with him. Yes, what a week. I was also assigned Daly in the 2d round, and as we made the turn, he said "Tom, we need to go into the locker room." I'm thinking "WTF? he has 9 more hole to play. Maybe he needs to take a crap?" We walked into the locker room, he changed his shoes, grabbed his stuff, and had me take him to the back parking lot where his bad ass Razorback orange pick up was parked. Yep....he drove his pick up to the U.S. Open! He got in, told me to mail him the photo to his residence if I wanted an autograph, and away he went....his infamous "escape" at the 97 Open, mid-round. This almost beat my day 1 practice round assignment. The foursome of Jack Nicklaus, Gary Nicklaus, Greg Norman and for the life of me, I can't remember who the 4th was on this practice round. Jack? Assigned to him? Incredible learning experience, walking with that guy inside the ropes for about a 7-8 hour practice round. Just a class act. He told me "We have to give back. These fans made this Tour what it is today, and some of the younger players on tour really need to learn this." He was, of course, referring to Tiger Woods, who was playing in his first professional U.S. Open and of course, behaved like a jerk that week, early on. A class A jack off, for sure. In any event, after hours off pushing the crowds (the ropes would collapse with the throng wanting a piece of Jack) the next day the local paper had a photo of me clearing the way for Jack, through the crowds. Tons of ink on my uniform and body, as everyone had a pen in his face. And he signed tons and tons, as he tried to walk between the holes. I recall leaving the locker room at Congressional, going upstairs and walking through the lobby with Jack, and about 30 people screaming "Jack! Jack!" and collapsing on him. (Fans were not allowed inside the clubhouse, these were just workers.) He stopped, signed, and then said to me "Tom, if you think this is something, just wait until we get outside." So out the front door we walked, towards the practice tee about 200 yards away. I think it took an hour to get through that throng.....instantly over 1000 people attacking us as we tried to move towards the practice round. At that point I thought I would never want to be a celebrity. At the end of the day with him, I was certain.

Yes, I have many stories about what jerks some of these guys are, some hilarious, especially what we did to Woods.....but that's for a beer around the campfire....you all would love that one. Then, I was assigned to Jack again, for his final round (he made the cut). Having been with him on his practice round, first round, and final round, I got acquainted with one of his other sons, Jackie, who was his caddie. I asked Jackie, as Jack putted out at 18, if I could have the ball. Of course, he got me the ball, signed by his dad. My thinking, of course, was I now had the last ball ever struck by Jack Nicklaus in a U.S. Open. The USGA gave him an exemption to play that year, and word was it would be his last U.S. Open. I figured that ball would be worth something one day...then a year later the USGA exempted him for another U.S. Open. Oh well......Damn I'm old!

Attachments

Last edited:

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome story about Mr. Calloway! Any stories on Payne? He's my all time favorite.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Never had occasion to spend time with Payne.