• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Jet Boater from TX (2012 242 Limited S)

jarozi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello Everyone!

I lurked here for a month or so before deciding to join the club and get a used 2012 242 Limited S I found on Boat Trader. After a few weeks of going back and forth with the seller, getting the inspection done and sea trial and all that I finally brought it home this past weekend. It was bone stock and had 27 hours on it.

So far I've done the maintenance (oil, plugs, grease) and installed a battery charger. I've ordered a set of Cobrajet Steering Ulitmates and a Ramp n Clamp to hopefully install this weekend.

So thanks to everyone who contributes here, I've read most posts for the 24' boats going back a year or two and that info was really helpful in making my decision to pull the trigger.
IMG_3625 (Medium).JPG IMG_3627 (Medium).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome! I know you have already spent some money on your new addition but hold on to your wallet, this group has a way of causing you to spend money, haha.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome aboard! I can see you were at Phil Dill. Good people. Congrats on the new boat and enjoy the summer...were here to help if you need us...even if were on the lake!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it me or do the 24' boats look bigger in TEXAS??

Dayum, that's a nice boat!

Congrats, welcome, all that stuff....

You have a safe boating season now, ya hear? :winkingthumbsup"

jarozi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! I can see you were at Phil Dill. Good people.
Yep! Had a great experience with them, they sold the seller the boat when new and did the inspection for me.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard!!!! Very nice looking, clean boat!

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard and glad to see you had a good experience with Phil Dill. I recently bought new there and they were exceptional.

Hope to see ya on the water some day!

Ed