• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New member first Jet boat 2 issues

5gees5

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have had other boats but loved what I saw a bout the Yamaha AR210. M7 2007 has 160 hrs and has a couple of issues. Right engine is overheating and shop says new fuel pump. They say there is a slight problem that the location of the pump is under the deck and their bolts that are stripped. Not sure what to do here. Second issue is the pulling mechanism that is like tab on a bottle broke and I am not sure where to order a new one. Thanks for the help

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
No idea what you mean in your 2nd issue.

Not sure how a fuel pump causes an over heat.... But yes... On older boats it is easy to strip the bolts on the floor.... Especially if you use the wrong tool to take them out.

5gees5

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The first issue is the overheating . The second Issue is the stripped bolts. Any recommendations on how to deal with the bolts?

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Also stripped the bolts on the floor. Very easy if your boat was used in salt water and this exposure to salt caused the bolt to be seized in place. I’ve successfully used WD-40 and an manual impact driver. If you stripped the bolt, make a deep cut, so the impact driver (flat 3/8”) can fit/grip to turn the bolt when hit with your hammer.